2016 981GTS ~3K Edge 0w40

Not driven easy but not tracked Say's Mobil 1 but it is Edge, M1 was sample #1

PORSCHE-981-E-I-386447-Sev1-001.jpg

Either oil looks like it would be fine for a 24 month drain if that's in Porsche's allowances. Is that Mobil 1 FS or the previous Formula? I think the old Mobil with a D2896 TBN of around 12? Edge maybe 10? Do they still call for 15,000 mi OCI with oil that meets Porsche Spec?

If my memory is correct looks like the Mobil might have a little more reserve looking at current TBN and making the corrections for the different tests.

To be perfectly honest considering that's a Hard Base TBN Test (as apposed to Total Base) those look like new oils (especially the Mobil). They did shear into the high 30 Grade range but that's an almost immediate thing with a 0W-40 looks like they had that initial VII shear then held rock steady. Absolutely no obvious signs of any issue.

Excellent report. At this point looks that Porsche could bankrupt you in maintenance before that engine wears out if you choose to keep it that long.

Last edited:
Either oil looks like it would be fine for a 24 month drain if that's in Porsche's allowances. Is that Mobil 1 FS or the previous Formula? I think the old Mobil with a D2896 TBN of around 12? Edge maybe 10? Do they still call for 15,000 mi OCI with oil that meets Porsche Spec?

If my memory is correct looks like the Mobil might have a little more reserve looking at current TBN and making the corrections for the different tests.

To be perfectly honest considering that's a Hard Base TBN Test (as apposed to Total Base) those look like new oils (especially the Mobil). Absolutely no obvious signs of any issue.
You can't really compare the 2. I have no idea how many miles were on the M1, it could have be 20. I put 5k on the form but I probably should have left it blank. It was the oil from the PO

Back