2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring 73.3k UOA (WIX) - 527 ppm Potassium?

Hi All,

Here's the oil analysis at 73.3k miles and it appears that there's coolant found in my oil. Not sure if I agree or disagree as I don't even know how to test for this but if anyone has any advice, please let me know.

1618973458889.png

Was the oil milky looking? How about your coolant? Have you had to add any?

I think this is where a pressure test or compression check will have to be done. Smarter minds will chime in here on that.

Potassium, increased viscosity and (possibly) highish (all things relative) iron.
Sodium is also at 51 (is there some sodium in that Amsoil oil?), so like other said maybe a pressure test is in order.

Was the oil milky looking? How about your coolant? Have you had to add any?

I think this is where a pressure test or compression check will have to be done. Smarter minds will chime in here on that.
I didn't see milky looking engine oil last time I did my change and it was pitch black. My coolant is green; did not see anything milky or brown colored. I did add some coolant but mainly to top it off.

Potassium, increased viscosity and (possibly) highish (all things relative) iron.
Sodium is also at 51 (is there some sodium in that Amsoil oil?), so like other said maybe a pressure test is in order.
I am not sure if the AMSOIL 0W-20 Signature Series is high in sodium but I would definitely be willing to give the pressure test a try or possibly even another oil change at a different lab like Blackstone to confirm if WIX is accurate.

Back