2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring 64.1k Transmission Fluid Analysis (WIX)

Hi All,

Here is my analysis that I just received from WIX regarding my ATF FZ for Mazda. This is my first time ever changing the fluid for the transmission.

1601667805503.png

Ouch. Think 20k mile intervals on all ATF/CVT fluids is about as far as I can stomach to go. If you can try and find a better fluid that meets your specified application.

Unless it is a skewed report, I'd be looking at either hanging a for sale sign on it or negotiating an extended warranty. **** man, 64k...it just shouldn't be that way.

Unless it is a skewed report, I'd be looking at either hanging a for sale sign on it or negotiating an extended warranty. **** man, 64k...it just shouldn't be that way.

I hope it's not skewed, I think they ran the test twice but I can't confirm. Would you mind elaborating on why it "wouldn't be that way"? Thanks!

Leaching, wear and wear. Unless these words are normal for your analysis at your mileage, it seems like caution is warranted. I have not technical expertise on your Mazda's tranny, sorry.

Did you do a 4 quart or so drain and fill or a line off exchange? If the former I’d do a few more D/F’s or at least one more.

Did you do a 4 quart or so drain and fill or a line off exchange? If the former I’d do a few more D/F’s or at least one more.

So I did 3 drain and fills and 2 pan drops. Reason why I did a second pan drop was because the RTV wasn't sealing properly and I saw a puddle so I had to redo the process. I took the sample on the first drain and fill.

I suspect these numbers will drop drastically on the next sample.

I hope so as well. I'm planning to do my next ATF drain and fill within 10-20k. A bit earlier than I was anticipating but better off knowing if my tranny isn't toast I guess.

Last edited:
Back