2015 Toyota Sequoia blinking warning lights, check engine light, 4-LO. p0722 p2714 transmission codes - Solved

The vehicle had about 91k miles when under hard acceleration it would give blinking warning lights, and the check engine light would illuminate, 4-LO, and VSC. After that happened the vehicle ran a little heavy, and acceleration and engine response was slower, and after 3-4th start it would resolve itself, this would happen back and forth. The truck was taken to the Toyota dealership, they kept it for 4 days and couldn't figure out the reason why and said for "further" diagnosis it would cost more money, and they were fair enough to not charge for the car rental for 4 days. The truck was then given to me with the responsibility of figuring it out as family members would expect you to, I went to AAP and pulled the codes and did some research myself and read many different options from changing out solenoid D, and C, and even replacing the whole transmission. One person was able to change the output speed sensor on the transmission and solve the problem, and another person confirmed that after reading the post they were able to solve the issues and not spending money on any of the other suggested repairs. I called around and ordered the output speed sensor from O'Reilly for $29.99 plus overnight shipping for a Wells electronic output speed sensor, and this completely resolved the issue that Toyota dealership couldn't figure out, I'm posting this to make it easier for anyone else searching to find a solution.

I didn't have p0761 as a code though.

Last edited:
The vehicle had about 91k miles when under hard acceleration it would give blinking warning lights, and the check engine light would illuminate, 4-LO, and VSC. After that happened the vehicle ran a little heavy, and acceleration and engine response was slower, and after 3-4th start it would resolve itself, this would happen back and forth. The truck was taken to the Toyota dealership, they kept it for 4 days and couldn't figure out the reason why and said for "further" diagnosis it would cost more money, and they were fair enough to not charge for the car rental for 4 days. The truck was then given to me with the responsibility of figuring it out as family members would expect you to, I went to AAP and pulled the codes and did some research myself and read many different options from changing out solenoid D, and C, and even replacing the whole transmission. One person was able to change the output speed sensor on the transmission and solve the problem, and another person confirmed that after reading the post they were able to solve the issues and not spending money on any of the other suggested repairs. I called around and ordered the output speed sensor from O'Reilly for $29.99 plus overnight shipping for a Wells electronic output speed sensor, and this completely resolved the issue that Toyota dealership couldn't figure out, I'm posting this to make it easier for anyone else searching to find a solution.

I didn't have p0761 as a code though.

Thank for Sharing! Most posts are about issues and the post dies without the solution posted.

Reactions: JC1
Back