2015 Nissan Frontier Dino oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my 2015 Frontier new but switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w/30 and a Mobil 1 filter at 500 miles.
A friend who works at a Nissan dealership gave me a coupon for 4 free oil changes using Nissan OEM oil and filter. I know it's Dino but should I risk switching back? Will it hurt anything?

Thanks

Lower your oci a little with dino. When I use syn, I extend the oci by 2K miles +/-

I try not to exceed 4500 +/- with dino and 6500 to 7K with syn.

btw, the new cars have advanced technology ... My car texted me and appreciated the clean oil the other day!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ThrowinRocks
Bought my 2015 Frontier new but switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w/30 and a Mobil 1 filter at 500 miles.
A friend who works at a Nissan dealership gave me a coupon for 4 free oil changes using Nissan OEM oil and filter. I know it's Dino but should I risk switching back? Will it hurt anything?

Thanks

3K with dino and 5K with synthetic is my ritual nowadays. My driving habits are generally 50-50, city and highway.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Won't hurt a thing. I change up on my Altima. Often dino in the summer and syn in the winter.

Yes that's almost like mixing Coco in your milk.

I know it's Dino but should I risk switching back? Will it hurt anything?

Old wive's tale - forget you ever heard and don't repeat it.

If you really like or prefer synthetic, you should be able to pay the 'adder' fee only for synthetic too.

adder fee would be close to $40.00. Think I'll pass on that.
grin.gif

grin.gif

I'd check on this before I jumped on that. The 4.0 takes an extra half quart (I think!), so they will charge you for the full extra.

I'd probably just roll with synthetic at 7500 for the next 250,000.
cool.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Won't hurt a thing. I change up on my Altima. Often dino in the summer and syn in the winter.

Yes that's almost like mixing Coco in your milk.

Not quite! Sometime I use synthetic in the summer too.
laugh.gif

All depends on what's in the stash. Sometime, I make my own blend(syn/dino).

Last edited:
grin.gif

What a ripoff. Taking advantage of people who think they need synthetic.

I have the 2012 4.0L in my frontier and use synthetic 5W30 in the winter and 10W30 in the summer and have never had a problem.

One problem with Dealer oils is you never know from what supplier they are sourcing or the quality of the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back