2015 Jetta Sport detail...{PICS}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I detailed the future mother in laws Jetta Sport today. It got the routine treatment, a wash > dry > spray wax, and interior cleaning. She cleans up nicely!
Products used: Chemical Guys synthetic wash/wax shampoo, Meguiars wax as you dry, 303, and home mixed interior detailing / cleaning suspension (warm water and Woolite delicates)
wink.gif

Bonus picture of my sweet pea
wink.gif

Cleaned all the interior but gave special detail to the steering wheel, brought the leather back to a matte finish as it should be.

Thats the 350K mile ranger in the background.

Also cleaned engine bay, wheel wells, and hosed off undercarriage.

If anyone is looking to snatch up one of these Sports they are back on the market for 2017, and you can probably get one for a steal. Fun cars to drive with the lowered and stiffened sport suspension (similar to GLI) and very efficient.

That interior detailing formula sounds awesome, might have to steal it. Use it on the dash and everything inside?

Cute doggy too! My dog likes to help me detail too...i.e. he sits in the yard and sleeps.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
That interior detailing formula sounds awesome, might have to steal it. Use it on the dash and everything inside?

Cute doggy too! My dog likes to help me detail too...i.e. he sits in the yard and sleeps.

Im sure its safe on most surfaces, I don't use it on screens or gauge clusters though. I mix it anywhere from 1 part Woolite / 6 parts water (heavy soiling) to 1 part Woolite / 10+ parts water.

I just bought a newer car (for me it seems brand spakin new) and all my other cars have been basically beaters.

How often should one detail a car to keep it in nice good shape?

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I just bought a newer car (for me it seems brand spakin new) and all my other cars have been basically beaters.

I do a proper detail once a year. Spray wax everytime I wash/dry and paste or liquid wax whenever I have time. Usually twice a year.

The inside gets done as needed, usually a quick vacuum when it's washed and a full detail yearly.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Whoa! That's some great detailing work right there. Impressive. Nice car, too.

Ditto!

Originally Posted By: TheKracken

Everyone is going to give you a different answer on this, but I wash my personal car once a week weather permitting with a spray wax every, or every other wash. I'll give it a coat of Opti-seal or Collonite paste wax every 3 months or so also for better protection. I find washing on a regular basis keeps contaminants off the paint and keeps them from bonding. If you wait long between washes you will get a bunch of crud that sticks to the paint, you can't see it, but you can feel it. To remove these contaminants requires using clay or similar product which is much more time consuming that simply washing.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
Wow- looks great! I really like the grey. What exactly did you do to the steering wheel?

I take the interior cleaning mixture I mentioned earlier and spray it onto a soft bristle brush, then gently agitate the leather / stitching on steering wheel. Then just wipe off with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth. It's a very effective method.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Great detail job.

I love the interior/ dash the layout and design, very simple compared to newer cars .

Well the MKVI Jetta was designed back in 2011 so that helps, although VW design language has always been restrained. I do appreciate the germanic styling and feel it will help the car age well.

Pretty car...why on earth would they put light-colored stitching where sweaty hands will touch it?!?

The leather on the steering wheel on my '17 Jetta seems very soft and delicate, I'll be curious to see how it wears. When I was shopping for Jettas last month there were NO Sports to be had locally...there were a few in April and by May they were gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back