2015 Indians getting two tone paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
The optional two tone paint really transforms the way the new Indians look, they look fantastic now!!

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/stories/two-tone-paint

two-tone-24.jpg

two-tone-04.jpg

two-tone-13.jpg

two-tone-14.jpg

I would like to see them offer a more stripped down look. I know that is venturing a bit close to Victory territory, but I have never been a fan of bags, windshields, and the other add ons. It would be cool to see a "hot rod" Indian. Still vintage in styling, but a bit more aggressive.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
looks.....Ummm.....Comfortable...

Agreed. But I still love their classic look. If I was looking for American Iron, these would be it. Everyone and their brother has a Harley, but I like to blaze my own trail. The Indian Vintage model in blue and ivory with the tan leather, swap whitewall spokers for the Classic's cast ones w/ blackwalls, snip all the fringies off the leather seat and bags and I'm there. As a 2nd bike. The Multistrada ain't leaving.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I would like to see them offer a more stripped down look. I know that is venturing a bit close to Victory territory, but I have never been a fan of bags, windshields, and the other add ons.

It looks like they do offer one with fewer do-dads on it.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/chief-classic-motorcycle

topimage.png

It is a basic cruiser but still not "Hot Rodded" in the 50's to early 60's way. I would like to see skinnier forks, maybe even a springer front end, and trim a little off the fenders and add some better exhaust.

No complaints about the engineering though, the reviews on the bikes have been very positive. I would definitely take one of these over a comparable softtail if I was shopping around.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
It is a basic cruiser but still not "Hot Rodded" in the 50's to early 60's way. I would like to see skinnier forks, maybe even a springer front end, and trim a little off the fenders and add some better exhaust.

Now were talking.

I'd love to see a post WW2 Rat Bike made from this platform.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Im sure those jeans are "Relaxed Fit" as well.

I see fat f__ks on sport bikes all the time where I live. But if you're saying the styling caters to the over 40 set, I'd agree. But then I'm 51... and ride a Ducati. And would still own one of these Indians in a heart beat. They look very classic and timeless. The headlight nacelle alone is a work of art.

Not a big cruiser fan, but I really like the 'enclosed' look of the bike. I know one of the appeals of a big V-twin is being able to show off the engine, but I think it'd be cool to take the whole enclosed concept even further and put cowls over the engine, with forced air cooling. Go for a sort of 30s/40s 'futuristic' look.

I haven't warmed up to the Indians with the bigger fairing. Otherwise, I really like them, and the 2 tone paint looks great.
To those wishing for more and different models, give them time. Look at the diversity of the Victory line. I'm sure Polaris has more models coming.

What would really set the bikes off.....in MY opinion......is black anodized cylinders with the polished heads. If going retro.....go even more.

That or it would be cool to see an inline 4 cylinder model. Maybe take away the "biggest engine" crown from the Triumph Rocket III down the road if the brad does well.

I think they have done a good job with the styling for the most part, I've yet to see one in person due to dealer sparsity, but there are a couple of detail items that bother me as they look out of place, they are things that I don't believe Harley would have let slide.

Whatever you think of Harley the styling and details usually hit the mark, and there aren't things that look incongruous.

I hope they sell, as competition will improve both manufacturers motorcycles.

I see it as more of a Touring bike competitor than a Softtail competitor though...

Interestingly I like the Vintage best and the corresponding Harley would have been the Road King Classic which is discontinued ostensibly due to lack of sales. I understand you can still buy the leather bags for a standard Road King, but that may not bode well for the Vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back