2015 Honda Odyssey B3 service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have 15' Odyssey with only (40K km) and the Maintenance Minder (MM)shows B3 service is needed soon. The question is that why B3 service is shown too soon???

What makes you think it's too soon? It's a heavy vehicle, and you've likely been operating it in a lot of cold weather. Odyssey's have had transmission issues in the past. Likely a combination of those factors and a conservative algorithm in the MM. If it's telling you to change the transmission fluid (the 3 code), I would say to do it. If not you risk your warranty.

I think the only "intelligent" part of Honda'/s Maintenance Minder is engine oil changes with other services having set mileage intervals. The tranmssion service interval is probably 30,000 miles (c. 50,000 km) and, as the MM tries to group all services with an oil change, it's just suggesting you change the ATF when you next change oil.

I think it would be tons simpler if Honda just listed mileage/time service intervals for everything but oil changes, but evidently Honda regards its customers as, well, dumb.

I had a uoa done on my 15 Civic CVT fluid was shot at 30k miles. Send me your email and I can send you blackstone report. Also have voa of castrol magnatec 0w20 too

MM, in fact, shows B1, B2, and B3 services all together. I did an oil change yesterday, but I am bit confused for B3 service as I know some people said it just came after 90k km. I do short trips back and forth within the city but come on guys it is just (40k km). By the way, I am a gentle driver.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I had a uoa done on my 15 Civic CVT fluid was shot at 30k miles.

Wow. Isn't synthetic supposed to live longer?

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I had a uoa done on my 15 Civic CVT fluid was shot at 30k miles. Send me your email and I can send you blackstone report. Also have voa of castrol magnatec 0w20 too

I sent you PM. Thanks

Originally Posted By: Danh
I think the only "intelligent" part of Honda'/s Maintenance Minder is engine oil changes with other services having set mileage intervals. The tranmssion service interval is probably 30,000 miles (c. 50,000 km) and, as the MM tries to group all services with an oil change, it's just suggesting you change the ATF when you next change oil.

I think it would be tons simpler if Honda just listed mileage/time service intervals for everything but oil changes, but evidently Honda regards its customers as, well, dumb.

I think Honda does that to pad the price of dealer service. If you have a B2, and you go in and say you want and oil and filter change and tire rotation, they immediately ask what your MM code is, and the price goes way up due to the "inspections" that are supposedly included with the dealer oil change anyway.

My wife has a Fit with CVT and its over 50k miles and no 3 code yet, so there may be some "intelligence" built into the MM for the CVT. Although the interval could be different in canada due to the climate.

I agree, I'd rather have spelled out intervals for "normal" and "severe" like it used to be.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: Danh

I think Honda does that to pad the price of dealer service. If you have a B2, and you go in and say you want and oil and filter change and tire rotation, they immediately ask what your MM code is, and the price goes way up due to the "inspections" that are supposedly included with the dealer oil change anyway.

My wife has a Fit with CVT and its over 50k miles and no 3 code yet, so there may be some "intelligence" built into the MM for the CVT. Although the interval could be different in canada due to the climate.

I agree, I'd rather have spelled out intervals for "normal" and "severe" like it used to be.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back