2015 F150 6R80 Service & a Brake Question

I only have about 65k on my F150 5.0 with 6R80 transmission. Creampuff for sure. I travel a lot with my 3 kids for sports and fun. Christmas is about food with gifts like new iphones and an emphasis on travel. Travel they will have memories forever while an object not so much. I took the old gal to my friends shop to use his lift. I'm not a mechanic so it took me a while and he's always good to me. Got it done! Used a Wix filter kit and fluid looked like new. I also drained the trans case and that fluid looked like it was straight out of the bottle. When I hit 100k I won't do the trans case. I'll wait until the 130k trams service to do that.

Edit to Add: I used Mercon LV fluid for the trans and trans case.

Little B tchn n moaning here!! The tiny dipstick is a hot mess, at least for me. **** thing is so tight against the cat conv it burns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over.

While I had it on the lift I rotated (I have 20's) the tires and checked brake pads. Lucky me, need em all around. Need some help here. I know, lots of brake threads but here is my quandary. Using my hour meter which also has an idle meter it shows my drive time as 87% drive time. Like I said, lots of highway trips. This will be my 2nd set of pads and rotors. I used PowerStop and they performed well but just didn't last long. I am in a very hilly area and drive a lot in the northern New England mountain regions. My home is on a rather steep road up a small mountain so I get it to a point. Friction is friction.

What break pad and rotor recommendations?

You definitely want coated rotors. The best ones are the Powerstop Geomet coated rotors. Another good choice is Raybestos Element3 (part number ending in -FZN). Of course, you could always get the OE rotors, too.

If you buy Motorcraft from Rock Auto, make sure it says "OE Design" which is actual OE, and not the "service design" which is aftermarket :sneaky:

For the pads, here are some good choices:
Motorcraft OE (again, make sure it says OE)
Akebono
Wagner OEX
Raybestos EHT

Outside Rock Auto, EBC Ultimax2 "Blackstuff" pads are a great choice for a daily driver.

If you actually use your truck as a truck, you might like Hawk LTS pads.

Just went through this on my 2016 F150, and decided to go with Ford/Motorcraft OE. Parts that arrived are basically identical to whats coming off, and I had no complaints.

Can you recommend an online site/best place to buy?
Rockauto has surprisingly good prices for Motorcraft. Use the Motorcraft catalog to double check the part #'s though.

Edit:

Electric Parking Brake? I'm showing $485 shipped to my zip after a coupon.
1671301751653.jpg

Last edited:
Rockauto has surprisingly good prices for Motorcraft. Use the Motorcraft catalog to double check the part #'s though.

Edit:

Electric Parking Brake? I'm showing $485 shipped to my zip after a coupon.
View attachment 131183

Checked RA prior to my post....searched using 2015 F150 and nothing Motorcraft comes up. Lot's of choices but guessing they have no stock right now.

Checked RA prior to my post....searched using 2015 F150 and nothing Motorcraft comes up. Lot's of choices but guessing they have no stock right now.
The items are still in my cart. Their catalog can be a bit wonky, so use the Motorcraft site for the part #'s and search by part #.

Rock Auto lost me at $86 for standard ground shipping. I ordered pads and rotors for my Outback in October and shipping was $35. $86 shipping kills the discount. Thanks for all the help guys.

Rock Auto lost me at $86 for standard ground shipping. I ordered pads and rotors for my Outback in October and shipping was $35. $86 shipping kills the discount. Thanks for all the help guys.
Ouch. Mine is totally reasonable, must be a stock issue in your area.

1671308335853.jpg

I ordered mine through Rockauto. All 4 rotors and pads, and the shipping was $66. That was still almost $100 less then what my go to for online Ford Parts typically is - Autonation Ford in White Bear Lake, and their price didn't have shipping included - that was a pickup by me since its over by work...

Parts shipped from the Phoenix area...

Back