2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost, Schaeffers 5w-30 Supreme 9000

Here is my UOA on my F150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. I had planned on changing it out at 5000 miles, but ended up doing it at 4500. I put the same oil back in and think I'll do at least 5000 miles this time and re-sample. I thought this report would have fuel dilution listed but it doesn't, kind of curious if the 2.7 has any like the 3.5 does. Any thoughts on this report?
oilreport.JPG

Last edited:
Just watch your turbos...if you see blue smoke out exhaust in morning during cold start you probably have turbo going bad..
I'll definitely keep an eye on that, so far it's been a great engine that's fun to drive. Luckily this one didn't fall under the time frame of the bad batch of heads that caused smoke and oil consumption.. hopefully it will hold for a long time!

The 2.7 has known issues with the turbos going bad and causing the blue smoke during startup. Ford has a Tech notice about them..
co-worker had one replaced and then the other one was going bad and ford wouldn't replace, even though truck under warranty, it so he go rid of the truck

The 2.7 has known issues with the turbos going bad and causing the blue smoke during startup. Ford has a Tech notice about them..
co-worker had one replaced and then the other one was going bad and ford wouldn't replace, even though truck under warranty, it so he go rid of the truck

Should hvve been under warranty.

I've read a few instances of the turbo seals failing causing some smoke on startup, but it doesn't seem like it's a widespread problem. I think the leaking oil pan is the most talked about issue with them, and so far mine seems to be dry.. knock on wood.

I've read a few instances of the turbo seals failing causing some smoke on startup, but it doesn't seem like it's a widespread problem. I think the leaking oil pan is the most talked about issue with them, and so far mine seems to be dry.. knock on wood.
I believe they made some changes with the oil pan to help the issue.

are the seals and bearings replaceable, for those out of warranty?

are the seals and bearings replaceable, for those out of warranty?
I'm not sure if the turbos are rebuildable not. I think during warranty the dealer would just replace them with new ones. Are you having some issues?

I'm not sure if the turbos are rebuildable not. I think during warranty the dealer would just replace them with new ones. Are you having some issues?

I don't have an Ecoboost, but I like them. Drove a 2015 Navigator that had a 3.5 EB and it had WAYYYYYY more power than my 5.4 3V. In case I owned one in the future, was curious about the possiblity of servicing rather than replacing the turbos.

Back