2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been inactive on here for quite a while now and after spending alot of time recently in the uoa/voa section I have decided to get back into the saddle with this post.

This is my 2015 Hellcat challenger in Billet Silver Metallic. There were only 160 or these made in this color in 2015 with the A8 transmission.

It does spend alot of time in my garage. But I am not afraid to turn her loose! And put some miles on her when the weather is nice. I am really enjoying it, and the kids and wife love it to. So far I have added a full front end clear bra, paint protection film behind the rear wheels, oem splash guards, and recently a set of mickey Thompson et street R drag radials. Enjoy the pictures.

Amazing Car. Love the colour makes it look like more of a sleeper which we know this car is not.

Amsoil, great choice!

I would pay to see a UOA once she is broken in...
20.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
WOW! Amsoil, great choice!

I would pay to see a UOA once she is broken in...
20.gif

I really wish I could find a voa or uoa on the 0w-40. It's easier for me to get the Amsoil than the factory fill pennzoil ultra 0w-40. There is an Amsoil dealer less than 5 minutes from me.

Beautiful car! I've had some experience with a couple SRT vehicles, but not the hellcat. Are you still covered by a factory power train warranty? Thats the only worry I would have with the amsoil choice. I'm sure it will do a great job, but that motor is probably price!

Love the silver color too.

Nice! Real nice! But why in the world is a car parked next to it in that big empty looking lot? lol I go to great lengths to avoid parking near anyone, including family members and friends. But some people just go out of their way to get next to me it seems.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
Beautiful car! I've had some experience with a couple SRT vehicles, but not the hellcat. Are you still covered by a factory power train warranty? Thats the only worry I would have with the amsoil choice. I'm sure it will do a great job, but that motor is probably price!

The warranty is 5 years 100k miles. I will for sure hit the 5 year mark before the mileage mark. The 0w-40 sso was designed with the SRT vehicles in mind and meets the same spec as the pennzoil 0w-40.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Nice! Real nice! But why in the world is a car parked next to it in that big empty looking lot? lol I go to great lengths to avoid parking near anyone, including family members and friends. But some people just go out of their way to get next to me it seems.

Man I said the same thing when I came back to my car! This on a Saturday in a bank parking lot with no other cars around. The wife and I went out to dinner and this was the safest option. Maybe they just wanted to peep the ride.

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Man I said the same thing when I came back to my car! This on a Saturday in a bank parking lot with no other cars around. The wife and I went out to dinner and this was the safest option. Maybe they just wanted to peep the ride.
It happens all the time. I had someone do that when my 2010 FX4 was new and parked so close I had to go over the console from the passenger side. Simply stupid with a completely empty parking lot for someone to do that.

PS...nice car OP! Enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Beautiful ride. Do you ever take it to the track? Bet it sounds like nothing else on earth.

Ran a 6.90 @100 at the local 1/8 mile track 2 weekends ago. That's on mickey Thompson 305/45/18 drag radials at 18 Psi. DA was 370-400. I want to get in some negative DA and see what kind of hero numbers I can run. I was baybing it off the line as the driveshaft is the week link on a prepped track with a sticky tire.

I never ran it at the track over the summer but I did some back road pulls and the on board ET timer said it was still trapping 97-98 mph in the 1/8 mile in 2500+DA.

Last edited:
Then you see the long doors on a two door and hear that music they play in horror movies right before = ahhhhh …

Nice car, BIL was way older than me and had a Mopar dealership in the early 70’s where the lines came from …
Man did he bring some rides home …

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Originally Posted By: HemiHawk

The warranty is 5 years 100k miles. I will for sure hit the 5 year mark before the mileage mark. The 0w-40 sso was designed with the SRT vehicles in mind and meets the same spec as the pennzoil 0w-40.

It is not formally approved by Chrysler (just like most other 0w-40's). The only one that is, as far as I know, is Pennzoil Ultra SRT. The verbiage from the 2016 manual calls specifically for the approval, is the language the same in yours?

What this means is that, in the event of a warranty dispute, the manufacturer can take issue with your lubricant selection (not using a formally approved oil) and create a fun legal battle. The odds aren't great that this will happen of course, but it means that if you had an engine issue, you'd be dealing with AMSOIL as well on the warranty-front, not just Chrysler, since it is AMSOIL who has indicated that their product should be used, but is not actually approved for use, in this application.

I'm a fan of AMSOIL's lubricants BTW, so this isn't a dig at the product or its quality, but their "recommended" for verbiage, which is used on a large portion of their products should not be confused with formal approval. They actually DO have some formally approved products (like their Euro oils) in their product portfolio, this just isn't one of them.

It says oils that meets the category of SN, it doesn't say only oils that are certified by the API in the category of SN. I think they should have worded it differently if that is what they were trying to get across.

This leaves it open to be interpreted as, as long as the manufacturer of the oil complies with SN requirements then the oil is considered valid to use. Forget if it is officially licensed or not.

They need to be "clear" in their wording and this is not.

Last edited:
It says "An oil that meets the category of SN..." it doesn't say "An oil that is certified by the API in the category of SN". I think they should have worded it differently if that is what they were trying to get across.

Not that part dude, the next part, and the paragraph adjacent to it where it calls for the Chrysler approval, and then on the following page where it states that the synthetic oil needs to meet those standards.

Even that... They say that it is recommended to use Pennzoil or Mopar oil meeting Chrysler Spec MS-12633. Which if you look on Amsoil they will list these specs for their oils.

They are leaving grey area.
wink.gif

Page 4 they list that spec. https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2880.pdf

Quote:

Use AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil in applications
that require any of the following specifications:

0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850;

Last edited:
Even that... They say that it must meet Chrysler Spec MS-12633. Which if you look on Amsoil they will list these specs for their oils.

They are leaving grey area.
wink.gif

That's a formal approval, the only oil that actually has it is Pennzoil Ultra 0w-40 SRT. AMSOIL is recommending their product for applications calling for that approval, that doesn't make it formally approved.

We went through this same tripe with M1 0w-40 shortly after Chrysler switched to SOPUS and Mobil no longer put the Chrysler approvals on the Mobil 1 products because of sour grapes I imagine. That was when all of a sudden this magical new spec showed up and it was bestowed, equally magically, on only the "new" SRT 0w-40, which was almost twice as volatile as the Mobil product it replaced (which also happened to be a Euro oil).

I'm not a fan of the game Chrysler and SOPUS are playing BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back