2014 Ram Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jusy curious what are you guys using? I have seen 4 different Mopar numbers and also different Napa numbers.

Last edited:
I've been using a Fram Ultra XG2 on my 5.7 Ram. Great filter. They are about $9 normally, which I think is a great deal for such a high quality filter.

Pepboys has 35% off right now when you buy online and pick up in store, plus Fram has a $2 MIR on them. I just paid $6.49 + tax from PepBoys for mine. Wait for the $2 MIR which might show up several weeks later, and when it is all said and done you are at $4.49 + tax! What a bargain!

I use the XG10060 which is the smaller size filter that RAM calls for. I put on a XG2 once and it was not worth the hassle with the limited clearance down there...just much easier to use the smaller filter that RAM actually recommends and just bring it straight down when changing the oil.

True story.. I had a 2008 Ford Fusion. Great car. I hit a deer going 64 mph. How did I know exactly how fast I was going? I looked down to check my speed. Looked up and a big doe in full sprint right in front of me. $7000 plus in damage. Totalled. Well I am getting my stuff out of the car. Flash forward to just two weeks ago. I find a Fram Ultra XG 2 oil filter. I'm wondering where in the world did this come from and why do u have it?? Quick check.. Well it was the filter to the Fusion. I'd forgotten just how big it was. I gave it to my step father. I'm like ...this is one of the best filters you can get. Glad I held onto it. Now he can use it.
Score one for the hoarders
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back