2014 Porsche Cayenne

Because a sensor failed?

Man, if this is a big deal to you, then it probably is time to buy that Toyota.

it was a joke, but good point. I have had way worse sensor failures from a GMC. Will dive into this and see what I can find

I am having a hard time locating this coolant level sensor. Is there a good parts website for Porsche?

did some searching and it appears the overflow tank contains the sensor and I did find a VW version fairly inexpensively. Might try swapping it out

Last edited:
It is in the coolant tank. You may find this part from FCP Euro, eeuroparts, Byers Porsche Parts and many others but it may also be a dealer item.
If the VW is the same part use it.

Getting ready to install tank, Did a quick search and see a few different opinions on correct coolant. I am assuming i Might need a small amount for top off. Is Dexcool or another readily available coolant OK to use or do I need to source something specific

Getting ready to install tank, Did a quick search and see a few different opinions on correct coolant. I am assuming i Might need a small amount for top off. Is Dexcool or another readily available coolant OK to use or do I need to source something specific
Zerex G40 👍

Back