2014 Lexus RX450h Idemitsu 0w20 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My RX's first UOA for your viewing pleasure, don't see a lot of these on the interwebs. Huge count of start stop events, my wife does not know how to keep her foot steady. Filter used was WIX/NAPA gold. Refilled with STP Syn HM 10w30 with another WIX.

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
The w is only there for the cold start. After that, it may as well be monograde. It never gets cold enough for me to need anything beyond 10w, a 15w is fine for that matter. 10w30 because I have it.

Yup, and EVs do cold starts all day long.
As in they may not get to operating temps in a trip unless continuous highway.
They need all the help they can get on the low temp end, imo of course.

Last edited:
EVs don't have an ICE, and even those warm up. Hybrids do not do anything cold all day. The engine will not shut off until it has warmed up to whatever temp it deems necessary. A cold start, and a hot restart is only the same in the fact that the engine isn't spinning, and then it is. Never had mayo in the top end, and my IS250 used to make oil in the winter, where this one doesn't.

In my only experience with a hybrid, a Nissan Altima, the engine would start up and immediately take on the load and this was in temperatures in the mid 20's. This happened on the first startup of the morning too. The car would start out on battery but after traveling a block or so the engine would start and kick in.

It was something I would not be comfortable with had I owned that car. In this case it was a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back