2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee are Detroit Axle brake pads good?

Just like the title states. I was wondering if the Detroit Axle brake ceramic brake pads are good. Does anyone recommend another brand that might be better? The Jeep has 71,000 miles and the rotors look great but the brakes are down to about 20% wear remaining. Thoughts please?

I'd go with Raybestos Element3 for pads and rotors.
The rotors are fine, but nothing special. I would not pay extra for them.
The pads are inexpensive but have a higher likelihood of noise issues than other brands…at least in my experience.

Raybestos Element3 pads and rotors are popular on here.

I like Powerstop Geomet coated rotors and Akebono pads. EBC also makes good pads.

The coating on the Powerstop rotors will last at least 2 years. The Raybestos E3 rotors look just like the Powerstops, and the costing is probably the same, so you can most likely expect the same 2+ year lifespan of the coating on them.

The rotors are fine, but nothing special. I would not pay extra for them.
The pads are inexpensive but have a higher likelihood of noise issues than other brands…at least in my experience.
I found the combo to be quite good, and I didn't pay extra. I bought them from RA, and got a better deal once on Amazon. In fact they're cheaper than anything I could find at AAP, Auto Zone or Pep Boys. Including sales and coupon codes, and found the Element3 to be higher quality than any of their offerings. I've heard people say there are better brake pads and rotors on the market, but there's a big price jump too. I've done quite a few brake jobs for family and friends with them over the past few years and had no complaints whatsoever. I use Permatex Disk Brake quiet on the backs of the pads for all disk brake pad jobs, maybe that helps?

Back