2014 jaguar xf 3.0 supercharged

sunday driver , in town only.
currently using 0w30 Pennzoil platinum and a mann filter.
was thinking of going to redline 5w30 , any better suggestions out there
i change every 2500 as that takes me about a year to rack up.
manual says to use 0w20 but my dealer put in the penz and has since new. just hoping to find a quieter oil as there is mechanical noise (ie valvetrain and such)

I’m in the same boat. I drive an F-type with the same engine. Although I just ordered a 475HP tune and pulleys. I’ll probably use a robust 5W-30 or 0w-40. I like the higher 3.6 HTHS of the 40 Viscosity rating.

I do think quite a bit of the noise is the supercharger.

@anderson How are you driving your car??? Sunday town drives, putting around, very few "spirited" inputs??? If so, nothing wrong with Jag's recommendations or your oil selection.

IMHO, you have to match your oil to the driving style.

Take our friend @Cujet dual pulley, tune, etc. His oil needs are quite different than yours.

If you guys hear "mechanical noise" make sure it's not coming from the supercharger. That mechan7sm behind the snout can make these engines sound like they have rod knock sometimes. Easy and cheap fix.

i hear you all the way.
mostly i put around town but do hit the freeway occasionally.
rebuilt the supercharger myself at 85k kms , what im hearing is more so a tappet noise that comes and goes with oil changes.
this car did get tuned before i purchased it as well as had the pulleys upgraded , beats me tho what kind of tune , all i can say is it goes like h*ll compared to my other xf

Last edited:
Only if it's a lease
defiantly not leased. i for one hate throwing money down a drain.
i bought this outright 2 years old. sadly it had become my winter beater this year as my truck blew up and minus 30 isn't conducive to transmission repairs

Back