2014 Highlander 75K miles, stick with Toyota oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought this as a CPO with 57K miles, all services were done by dealer and documented. Looks like it had 7500K OCI's at the dealer, I have moved to 5K OCI's at dealer and would like to inquire about moving from the Toyota oil or stick with it. I would like to keep this vehicle for the long haul as it was immaculately cared for. I don't know what flavor Toyota uses for their oil other than the weight, I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for whatever would be the best for the long term.

We will get the oil changed at the dealer today then I will do a few UOA's before I change it again myself. I wanted to keep everything performed at the dealer for awhile in case anything went wrong, but plan on changing the oil myself after this service.

If they're using TGMO 0w20 and your only running it 5k miles then you have a great plan. I'd stick with that. I ran TGMO for 10k miles in a 2012 Camry 4cyl and after 10k miles the UOA came back with only 5 ppm of Iron. Everything else checked out just fine. Probably 50/50 btwn hwy and city miles.

Yes, TGMO 0W-20, For 3 days a week wife has a lot of stop and go to and from work.

If you're going to stick with 5k, maybe consider QSUD. It is a great deal for the price and there have been some very impressive UOA's lately. Again, especially for the price. PQIA had a very impressive report of the SN+ 5w20

There may be better options out there. But for 5k OCI it's hard to go wrong with any name brand, especially in a Toyota. To keep it immaculate, staying on top of timely changes will likely be much more important than the brand.

For what it's worth, I'm using QSUD in 3 of my vehicles right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back