2014 Ford Escape - 2.0L EcoBoost - Castrol GTX Magnatec 5w-30 - 5,800 miles

Escape 1.28.22.jpg

Forgot to post this back in February. Iron has come back down to pretty close to normal levels for this engine. Fuel dilution jumped way up and I had never had an issue before. This engine has also started to burn oil since the previous UOA was done. It was down about 1/2 quart over 5,800 miles. I don't think I short-tripped the engine prior to taking this sample but I'll be doing another UOA in a couple months to check back on it.

After seeing you Valvoline UOA I would prefer that oil to Magnatec. If I am going to get a Castrol product myself it is going to be Edge EP in the gold bottle.
Out of curiosity, what is pushing more towards the Valvoline?

KV100 held up substantially better with nearly 3,000 additional miles on it, I like the Valvoline's additive package better vs. Magnatec as well.
Ah. I think the substantial fuel dilution has more than a little to do with that. I wouldn't hold the oil accountable for the viscosity numbers or flashpoint.

View attachment 97777

Forgot to post this back in February. Iron has come back down to pretty close to normal levels for this engine. Fuel dilution jumped way up and I had never had an issue before. This engine has also started to burn oil since the previous UOA was done. It was down about 1/2 quart over 5,800 miles. I don't think I short-tripped the engine prior to taking this sample but I'll be doing another UOA in a couple months to check back on it.
Good report. Some fuel. 1/2 a quart in 5800 miles on a 140,000 mile car is fine. Vis is OK at 8.92

Back