2014 Elantra Coupe

I have been trying to keep up with Hyundais a bit, for the wife's car (which she loves).
It is a 2014 Elantra Coupe, so there is much confusions in catalogs, etc.
It got an engine upgrade as base (over the 2013 Elantra Coupe) to 173 HP version.
(GS level seems about right, though actually not.)
Anyway, been reading, and always glad to see her Nu GDI was not listed as terrible, or in any recalls.
Sounds OK to me, and still efficient and peppy when not.

So, after reading knock software update letter for the SFIL's CUV, and deciphering that for them, we get knock software letter too, but different. On this one our car is specifically called out, was NOT in the SFIL's CUV letter.

So, what's up guys? I'm hoping best case is since they wrote the software, why not add to engine that are not a problem, so far, JIC.
Any other ideas?

OP here
I checked VIN and it is a Korean build.
Any advantage to that source?
Any known defects / probabilities?

they are only recalling 2019 to 2021.
the poster has a 2014,calm down.

My post was pretty calm. Just provided the data point as a reference. If the manufacturer is offering some sort of update, no harm in getting it done. It is no secret that Hyundai has a history of engine issues over the past decade.

Here was my thinking....
Either:
1 There is a problem, though low percentage, and someone (Hyundai tech?) would actually know.
or
2 They are great engines, and software applied to everyone JIC, as it's only consumers' (multiple consumers, with possession) time!

Back