2014 Dodge Charger- Early 50th present to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a great car as a whole package. The more I drive mine the more I like it.
On the highway it reminds me of the old 70s type barges. Very smooth,even with uneven pavement surfaces it just swallows it up.
And when you decide to smash the loud pedal it handles fantastic. Very surprising when you consider the size and weight of the car b
And my hemi will get up to 30mpg on the highway if I stick with premium and am gentle with the gas pedal. 27 is my usual average. It'll go down if there's a serious headwind.
I drafted my brother for 400kms heading to visit our uncle and if I stayed about 10' of his bumper I got 36mpg.
I'm anxious to see what kind of mileage yours will net once it's broken in. The 8 speed is glorious and I'd love to have one in my car.
I'd love to slap shift the gears running at 4500rpm shifts. It already glues you to your seat,but being able to keep it between 3500 to 4500rpm would be just exhillirating.
I was a mustang guy and I still am however this car,and this engine has opened my eyes and now I won't buy a vehicle without mds. That feature is a must have for me now.
Glad you like the car. It'll put a smile on your face everytime you strap in.

until your first snowstorm, then
15.gif

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
15.gif

State troopers do very well around our state with Chargers and some SRT versions.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
15.gif

It's all in the tires.
and sandbags in the trunk...

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
15.gif

It's all in the tires.
and sandbags in the trunk...

Not necessary in a sedan with weight over the rear end.

If you can't drive a winter tire equipped RWD car in snowy weather I'd suggest using public transit...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
If you can't drive a winter tire equipped RWD car in snowy weather I'd suggest using public transit...

Absolutely.

With proper tires almost any car is easily navigable in the snow. Imagining you simply must have awd or fwd is just that, imagining. And the last thing an LX/LC chassis needs is more weight anywhere, they already have nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Reality is a big sedan is a nice snowplow...

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new vehicle. I really like the color and the wheels look great!

I have been really impressed with the Chargers I have had the chance to drive. I only have experience with the Hemi versions in a police package but they seem to be very nice cars. So far they have been more reliable than our neighboring departments EcoBoost powered Ford Interceptors, were cheaper to purchase and they sound better to boot! I would certainly consider one if I were in the market for a larger sedan....although I'd have to opt for the Hemi version.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: MCompact

Absolutely.

With proper tires almost any car is easily navigable in the snow. Imagining you simply must have awd or fwd is just that, imagining. And the last thing an LX/LC chassis needs is more weight anywhere, they already have nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Reality is a big sedan is a nice snowplow...

Sad to say, I've actually heard more than a few incompetent morons tell me that they can't buy a RWD car because they need something that they will be able to drive in the rain.

Unbelievable...

Is the rear end open or limited slip? If its open I don't care what kind of fancy snow tires you put on, and if your a three time Finish rally driver champion, hills and un plowed roads are a PITA.

I used to thump my chest about how good RWD is in the snow, until I drove a snow tire equipped AWD car, now forget it. I can come to a complete stop in the white stuff on a steep hill and punch it and an S550 4Matic with snow tires will go. With a RWD anything your backing up to get a running start.

Throw on a set of snows and it will be OK, but just OK, I'd recommend stepping down to 18's. If the fuel tank is in the same spot as in the E class its based on its behind the rear seats over the drive wheels, just keep it full for weight.

Once your moving it will drive just fine on the snow and ice, RWD is far superior to FWD IMHO if you get stuck in a slide and very easy to correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back