2014 Cruze diesel - OE left CV axle NLA need part but have limited options unless ordering from Europe.

I can’t get the AcDelco axle on the left side. Rockauto lists FVP and Trackmotive as the only replacement options. I don’t like Chinese replacement parts but that’s all I can get here.

They are basically the same price. Are either of these any good?

My other options is to try ordering an axle for an Opel A20DTH w/ Automatic L axle from Europe and hope it fits. There are quite a few replacements available in the UK including Lobro, GSP and SKF among others. These are significantly more expensive. If it doesn’t fit I’m probably stuck with the part.

What should I do?

The outer joint is still available :unsure:

While you're at it, you can also replace the inner joint

The pictures don't show a grease packet included, so if they don't come with any grease, get Redline CV-2 or some other CV grease.

It's worth sticking with OE parts (when available) on a fairly new car in California, where you don't have to deal with rust.

The pictures don't show a grease packet included, so if they don't come with any grease, get Redline CV-2 or some other CV grease.

It's worth sticking with OE parts (when available) on a fairly new car in California, where you don't have to deal with rust.

I don’t think I need the outer joint. Based on the noises I’m hearing it sounds like the inner joint on the left side.

And when you follow the link and select inner joint and diesel it says OOS.

I don’t think I need the outer joint. Based on the noises I’m hearing it sounds like the inner joint on the left side.

I thought inner joints only failed on Subarus :sneaky:

And when you follow the link and select inner joint and diesel it says OOS.

oops, sorry :oops:

It is listed on this site, though :unsure:

Of course that still doesn't mean it's actually in stock, but it's still worth a try. But the most important thing is that it's not discontinued. Out of stock right now doesn't mean discontinued (out of stock for good) :cautious:

If that site gets back to you with a long ETA, see if they accept backorders. In that case, you can still wait for the joint to be back in stock, but also order an aftermarket axle in the mean time. When you install the aftermarket axle, save the original axle, and when the new joint arrives, install it on the old axle.

I thought inner joints only failed on Subarus :sneaky:

oops, sorry :oops:

It is listed on this site, though :unsure:

Of course that still doesn't mean it's actually in stock, but it's still worth a try. But the most important thing is that it's not discontinued. Out of stock right now doesn't mean discontinued (out of stock for good) :cautious:

If that site gets back to you with a long ETA, see if they accept backorders. In that case, you can still wait for the joint to be back in stock, but also order an aftermarket axle in the mean time. When you install the aftermarket axle, save the original axle, and when the new joint arrives, install it on the old axle.

This is where I usually order GM parts. I don’t think It’s available.

Attachments

• 838A1130-382F-40B7-8C3A-86BC4B09B9DB.jpeg
    838A1130-382F-40B7-8C3A-86BC4B09B9DB.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 7
Back