2014 Civic 5MT / Honda MTF / 24651 mi

Honda Civic with the R18Z1 engine and 5MT.
Curious to get your guys thoughts on the oil itself and the change interval.

I have included below some of the information I have been able to find on honda MTF vs Amsoil and Redline MTL used in a honda SI.
Thanks

Honda_MTF.png

-------------Below here is not mine just included for reference. ----------------

Honda_MTF_2.png

REDLINE_MTL_Virgin&UOA.PNG

Attachments

• REDLINE_MTL_Virgin&UOA.PNG
    REDLINE_MTL_Virgin&UOA.PNG
    126 KB · Views: 34
Looks great to me. I have 27K miles on Honda MTL in a 5 speed mated to a 2.4L. Shifts fine and I am not rough on the transmission. Think I will change it out on the next oil change. Considering using Pennzoil Synchromesh, I have on hand. Thanks for the post.

Honda Civic with the R18Z1 engine and 5MT.
Curious to get your guys thoughts on the oil itself and the change interval.

I have included below some of the information I have been able to find on honda MTF vs Amsoil and Redline MTL used in a honda SI.
Thanks

View attachment 27955

-------------Below here is not mine just included for reference. ----------------

View attachment 27957
View attachment 27958
FYI, TAN does not drop with miles, it increases. The more acidic the transmission fluid, the more spent it is. From what I've heard, you want to change the fluid when the TAN is between 3 and 4 times the virgin value.

Old rule is fluid is cheap...wearing out synchros is expensive. Maybe change it ever couple oil changes or upgrade to Redline or Amsoil and slightly increase your mpg as that's where most energies are lost at the flywheel. Your money and it's your call. Thanks for sharing.

Are these oil analysis from your transmission or oil analyses you found on the internet?

For a transmission with 80k+ miles I would stay with a 10.5cSt@100C oil such as the Redline MTL-75W80.

BTW, the calcium component is the main friction modification chemistry for these MTF's.

Back