2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T 121,300 miles Blackstone

I sent a sample off to Blackstone for the 2014 Chevy Cruze that we have owned for 2 yrs. I have done 5k oil changes since we bought it in April 2021 with 103k on it. We are the third owner. The first owner was an unknown lease from our local Chevy dealer (the one my son used to work at) and the you ng lady we bought it from had purchased it from that same dealer when it came off lease. She put the bulk of the miles on it because of school and working in Detroit as a nurse. The car was cosmetically rough but she had been servicing it regularly and my biggest concern when buying it was that the maintenance had been kept up.
We drove it for 18k miles in the 2 yrs using it as our main transportation so it got short tripped frequently.
I mostly wanted to benchmark the car since our son purchased it from us and I wanted to be sure it was as solid as I thought it was.
The Kirkland oil seems to have done a good job and I am pleased with the numbers.

IMG_20230421_0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fuel dilution was one of my bigger questions. The car got used frequently for short hops to Walmart, wifes church or the local grocery store, none of which are further than 5 miles from the house.

That's quite a low flash point so yes, lots of fuel here for BS to even show anything. Definitely 5K changes on this one.

Back