2013 Versa 6k miles, new engine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1.6 in your Versa is not a Nissan or Renault engine. It's the HR16DE, made by this company:

www.aichikikai.co.jp/en/

check them out. They also make the problematic 6MT found in all 350Z/G35/G37 models (that has beem redesigned 9 times or so), the 6MT found in the new Sentra, and even the $20K+ Sequential found in the GTR.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Finally got a tech with some good ears and common sense to listen to my new Versa in regards to the rattleing/knocking noise it has when its warm. They pulled another car in off the lot and listened to them side by side and concluded that I was right, my car has issues!

They called me and said we are putting a new shortblock in it after conducting a cylinder balance test they found cyl #2 abnormal. I guess I'm thankfull for the warranty and no questions asked but I hate having a brand new car molested so soon!

I used to regard Nissan as very high quality but now I see they partnered with Renault which doesn't look like it was a good idea...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vlado11
The 1.6 in your Versa is not a Nissan or Renault engine. It's the HR16DE, made by this company:

www.aichikikai.co.jp/en/

check them out. They also make the problematic 6MT found in all 350Z/G35/G37 models (that has beem redesigned 9 times or so), the 6MT found in the new Sentra, and even the $20K+ Sequential found in the GTR.

But their webpage advertises "SUPER HIGH QUALITY"....

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: vlado11

www.aichikikai.co.jp/en/

But their webpage advertises "SUPER HIGH QUALITY"....

Super duper terrific high quality
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back