2013 Nissan Versa. Temporarily programming key from another car to this one?

I only have one remote/key combo for it (will order another later) and the car tends to lock the doors all by itself. It’s happened before when I left the key in the ignition and went to check something under the hood. If I didn’t have a window down, I would have had to call someone to jimmy the door open. I’m taking it to the body shop for some work and can imagine this happening there. So until I get another key, can I program the same key from another Versa to work on this one? Just need the remote part if they lock the key inside. If I program this key to the car, will it still work on the car it came from? i.e. does the programming change whatever i.d. is stored in the key or does it change what is stored in the car keyless entry module?

I wish I had the answer but I don’t. Nor will I steal this thread. But boy I’m so happy to find another 2013 Versa owner. I thought I was the only one. Do you live close? Perhaps we could share one? I still have two.

remotes tend to be interchangeable, as are key transponders. the remote should just keep working on the other car aswell as the remote has no idea what car it's been mated with

Back