2013 Kia Sportage 108K Engine Broke

I just found out my, cousin's Kia Sportage the crankshaft bearings took a dump. He spoke to Kia few years back during the initial recall and was told your Vin number is not part of the recall. I guess even KIA does not know the extent of its engine problems.

I've never met anyone that expects their engine to be as worthless as this in under 170,000 miles / 15 years.

I've never met anyone that expects their engine to be as worthless as this in under 170,000 miles / 15 years.
...and yet I've only owned a single vehicle over 100k miles...ever. It would take me 10 years to go 100K miles. Hyundais and Kias have their place in the lives of people who don't drive much and want cheap vehicles. If you don't drive much then powertrain is covered for 10 years and most people don't keep vehicles past 10 years. Less than 1% of vehicles make 200k miles.

I agree...if you're putting +20K miles per year on the vehicle then look elsewhere but they can go the distance for many people.

Is your argument
"Most people don't own cars that are over 10 years old [or >100k miles on ODO]"
or
"Most people aren't owners of a given vehicle for more than 10 years [or put >100k miles down in ownership]"

Is your argument
"Most people don't own cars that are over 10 years old [or >100k miles on ODO]"
or
"Most people aren't owners of a given vehicle for more than 10 years [or put >100k miles down in ownership]"
The latter, and if you're in the market for the former, don't buy Hyundai or Kia or a whole bunch of other makes or models either.

The latter, and if you're in the market for the former, don't buy Hyundai or Kia or a whole bunch of other makes or models either.
Yeah, and Hyundai certainly isn't "climbing up the quality ladder" by turning away people with very evident issues as these. Or maybe this is their take on planned obsolescence.

owners of KIA/Hyundai see only one side of the transaction, and that's the Kia/Hyundai's sales pitch, while they're being blindfolded at the other side of the token, of that what happens after 5 years of driving to the car or when they sale or trade the vehicle in

Yeah, and Hyundai certainly isn't "climbing up the quality ladder" by turning away people with very evident issues as these. Or maybe this is their take on planned obsolescence.
Neither are many other manufacturers. I wouldn't buy A WHOLE LOT of vehicles second hand from a whole lot of manufacturers for fear they'd be dead by 150K miles. Actually, there are only A FEW vehicles I would buy used and even then only select specimens.

...and yet I've only owned a single vehicle over 100k miles...ever. It would take me 10 years to go 100K miles. Hyundais and Kias have their place in the lives of people who don't drive much and want cheap vehicles. If you don't drive much then powertrain is covered for 10 years and most people don't keep vehicles past 10 years. Less than 1% of vehicles make 200k miles.

I agree...if you're putting +20K miles per year on the vehicle then look elsewhere but they can go the distance for many people.
I would rephrase that as more like 1% of vehicle owners are scared to push it more than 200K miles. I will never buy into that lame statistic. Definitely clickbait retardism at it's finest.

I would rephrase that as more like 1% of vehicle owners are scared to push it more than 200K miles. I will never buy into that lame statistic. Definitely clickbait retardism at it's finest.
Cool...cool...cool story...

Is there a specific IQ range for "retardism"? I ask because many years ago idiot, imbecile, and moron were medical terms denoting a very specific IQ range but I don't remember retardism...

Cool...cool...cool story...

Is there a specific IQ range for "retardism"? I ask because many years ago idiot, imbecile, and moron were medical terms denoting a very specific IQ range but I don't remember retardism...
Well those that write that sort of thing to drum up interest as well as those that actually believe it don't have much intelligence/mechanical reasoning to begin with.

Well those that write that sort of thing to drum up interest as well as those that actually believe it don't have much intelligence/mechanical reasoning to begin with.
What does interest or belief have to do with it? I just shared a historic fact and that makes me unintelligent and without much mechanical reasoning?

Back