2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7Hemi 155,000 miles

I have been using conventional 5w20w oil in my Hemi since we bought it used with around 17,000 miles on it. I'm looking to switch to a synthetic blend or full synthetic high mileage oil and possibly adding a quart of Lucas high mileage oil stabilizer in it. Past month I noticed I have what sounds like 1 lifter tapping after the engine gets warm.

Thoughts?

I really don't pay much attention to the 5w20's since I don't use them but if they're anything like the 5w30's what ever conventional you been using has probably been a blend for a while now and I would stay with a blend, seems to be working for you. I'm going to be switching my Lucerne over to Valvoline HM blend next change.

Pouring Group 1 Brightstock with no additives into your oil isn't really a good idea.

If you want higher viscosity just go up to 0W-30, 5W-30 or 10W-30 depending on climate. It's a much better way of achieving the same effect. If that's still isn't enough try Mobil 1 0W-40. It will likely still be thinner than adding a quart of brightstock.

I’ve gotten rid of lifter noise with Archoil AR9100. I concur avoid Lucasoil.

And switch to HM oil. IMO the Supertech HM is just fine if you don’t have oil seeps/leaks.