2013 hyundai sonata oil capacity with filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know the fill capacity of a 2013 hyundai sonata 2.4 N/A with filter on amsoil it said 4.9 quarts are thery usually accurate?

Thanks Grambo

Last edited:
My 2011 2.4L Kia Sorento has a slight overfill with 5qts. I am very careful not to overfill with 5+ qt jugs.

Last edited:
Look in the owners' manual. If I had a vehicle that took 4.9 quarts of oil, I would use five quarts. 3.2 ounces of oil isn't going to make that much difference in the oil level. Who wants a partial can of oil sitting around?

I'd just put in the 5 quarts and call it good. Going over the full level by 1/8" won't hurt anything.

The 2014 Pennzoil book also confirms 4.9 quarts for your car.

Regarding over/under filling:

I prefer to fill at 90 % of capacity, but I drive high mileage cars and I'm checking the oil every 2 weeks for top-offs.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
I'd just put in the 5 quarts and call it good. Going over the full level by 1/8" won't hurt anything.

+1

Originally Posted By: Grambo
Do you guys know the fill capacity of a 2013 hyundai sonata 2.4 N/A with filter on amsoil it said 4.9 quarts are thery usually accurate?

Thanks Grambo

Amsoil's site is usually spot on for capacities.

It's 4.86 quarts to be exact, both for the 2.4 N/A and 2.0T.

I just put in 5 quarts, never actually measure out the exact amount.

Originally Posted By: Swift101

Weird. . .my 2014 Santa Fe 2.0T specs 5.28 quarts. . .I'd think the Sonata would be the same. . . .

+1

Think my Hyundai 2010 2.4 says something like 4.89qts by the book, so I dump 5qts in instead of leaving a little in the jug - or qt bottle if I was going that route. Can't tell it's over the full mark.

Originally Posted By: Robster

Weird. . .my 2014 Santa Fe 2.0T specs 5.28 quarts. . .I'd think the Sonata would be the same. . . .

The 2014 model is more, actually don't know the reason why, check out the below screenshot from the 2013 manual.

2iboles.png

I will choose not to overfill my 2013 Sonata. When I do an oil change I use about 4.5 to 4.75 Quarts.

Remember, the level is fine as long it is between the marks on the dipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back