:::2013 Hyundai Elantra owner travels 1 million miles with original powertrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by NDL
https://www.thetorquereport.com/hyu...-million-miles-with-original-powertrain/

"Hyundai has surprised one lucky Elantra owner with the keys to a brand new 2019 Elantra. Why? Well this lucky driver, named Farrah Haines managed to put one million miles on her 2013 Elantra without swapping out the original powertrain."

I'd like to know what her maintenance schedule was/is...

Probably regular. Key is a lot of HWY miles.

Good for her. Hyundai didn't have to, but did a very nice thing.
Congrats to her.

This was hashed and rehashed in the earlier thread. The Hyundai Kia haters will trash the news saying it's unbelievable. Yet we had a similar thread with a oil worker and a pickup that posters gushed over.

Years ago there was a blogger who bought a 335d and was doing about 100k miles/year. He lived south of Knoxville and drove all over the southeast to various construction sites. I wish I could find a cached version of the site.

I believe her. I posted in the other thread about my friend who's a medical courier here in DFW. Trust me,the miles add up fast.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I believe her. I posted in the other thread about my friend who's a medical courier here in DFW. Trust me,the miles add up fast.

I think you are right. Depending on where she lives she can rack up miles very quickly. The story itself is vague on some details.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
You know I'll call BS on this. That's 10 hours a days for 7 days a week averaging about 55 MPH.

It sure sounds like a crock of bull.

As a delivery driver subcontractor,
I have driven between 75,000 and 110,000 miles a year
for all my adult life

.In my case, part of what adds up,
is that I work 355 days a year.

Yes the freeway miles,
and the daily several hundred miles,
are easy on oil...and engines.

Which engine did she have ?
What is her story ?

The math doesn't work, its just plain impossible! 548 miles a day for 5 years! straight? C'mon... how did she sleep,? Shower? Do maintenance? Its not that I don't believe she hit 1 million miles, its the time frame they are claiming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back