2013 Fusion 2.5L, I'm thinking Kirkland 0w20

I just picked up a 2013 Fusion with the 2.5L Duratec. 170k miles, no history on the car. I believe the recommended oil is 5w20.

I'm thinking of going with Kirkland 0w20 and following the oil monitor for change interval. XG3600 filter. Kirkland doesn't sell a 5w20 as far as I can tell. What do you think of this approach? I know this engine is supposed to be easy on oil. I prefer to use full synthetics...

I just picked up a 2013 Fusion with the 2.5L Duratec. 170k miles, no history on the car. I believe the recommended oil is 5w20.

I'm thinking of going with Kirkland 0w20 and following the oil monitor for change interval. XG3600 filter. Kirkland doesn't sell a 5w20 as far as I can tell. What do you think of this approach? I know this engine is supposed to be easy on oil. I prefer to use full synthetics...
Yes the recommend oil is 5W-20. Wouldn't have known that but the Grandson has one and I bought him 3 Jugs of Moble 1 HM EXP last summer!

You can get KS 5w-20 online from Costco.com, you might have to buy 4 jugs

But, 0w-20 won't hurt a thing. SOPUS has even started advertising on their QS and PP 0w-20 bottles that they'll work where 5w-20 is called for

Have had 2 Fusions with 2.5 and ran them both on synblend and cheapo filters. No issues to report.

I’m sure your choices will do just fine.

You’ll be fine with 0W20 or 5W20. I ran a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid with that same 2.5L engine to 205,000 miles before trading it in. The engine showed no indication of smoke, leaks or loss of pep at trade in time. It is also one of the most bulletproof 4 cylinder engines on the market.

Ran Motorcraft 5W20 full synthetic for the first 100,000 miles. Mobil 1 0W20 the rest of the way.

Solid engines, if maintained of course. Your plan should work just fine! If one of the heavy hitters (Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum etc.) were the same price I'd go with that, but that's just personal preference.

I would go with M1 20wt oils. I have about 600K with my last 3 Duratech Ford engines with great results. 10K OCIs in all of them.

There are many places that sell 5w20. Kirkland is not the only brand for 5w20. Why people want to mess around with this is beyond the scope.

Back