2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Ti-VCT ~111K/~3K OCI Motorcraft Syn Blend 5W20

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
First time DIY on my son's (my former) '13 Focus SE 5 spd hatch. Just shy of a year OCI/3K so it doesn't get driven a ton and it's 100% short/around-town trips. I expect some fuel-dilution on this with that type of use and also impressed with the moly/boron. I don't think there is a wear-metal issue but without a series of reports, hard to say. This was replaced with ST HM Syn 5W20 so will see next year when I change it how it looks!

13 FOCUS-210313[25813]-page-001.jpg
Focus.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing in my son's Ranger -- went from Motorcraft to ST HM Synth. I'll get a UOA of the ST when it hits specified mileage and we can compare them then.

BTW, there is a box you can tick on the Blackstone page that will export your analysis without personal data.
export.jpg

Very nice looking 2013 Focus looks to be very well taken of. Not sure what might be causing the high aluminum readings.
Thanks! It's been a great little car. Bought it new, kind of an odd-ball as it's an SE but has a stick AND all of the available options - winter package, appearance package, sunroof. It's got Eibach Pro Kit springs and Koni dampers as well as a big rear sway bar....handles like a gokart! Also updated it with a Sony infotainment headunit with Apple Car Play for some modern convenience/no cell phone temptations for the kid. Has a Ford Racing axle-back exhaust (just a Borla muffler and nice tip) and some intake modifications. I'd like to get a tune for it just to improve a few drivability things, not much power add with it being naturally aspirated. I think the Al is fine TBH, just hard to say without more data/longer OCI.

Last edited:
I did the same thing in my son's Ranger -- went from Motorcraft to ST HM Synth. I'll get a UOA of the ST when it hits specified mileage and we can compare them then.

BTW, there is a box you can tick on the Blackstone page that will export your analysis without personal data.
View attachment 50751
I know, but I'm having trouble logging in so just did it this way from the email. That is a slick feature!

Engine bay. Added the full cover to pretty it up and the partially open air box from the RS to give it some noise (along with the "snorkle delete" mod in the air ducting up front for more direct flow to the air box.

20200712_084527.jpg

Back