2013 Acura TL under valve cover photo

Original owner of a 2013 Acura TL Advance FWD with 90,000 total miles on the car. Since new I’ve completed OCI’s every 5,000 miles with the following brand of 0W20 oils. Oil filters have been OEM Honda AO2’s at each OCI. This week I completed a timing belt change and replaced the valve cover gaskets with all OEM parts. There was 0 varnish and 0 sludge in both banks, couldn’t be more pleased with what I saw. For the record I have never completed a oil analysis.

Just picked up 10 quarts of the AZ clearance Mobil Full Syn, so this will be in the car to get me to the elusive 100,000 mile mark.

•Mobil 1 EP
•Mobil 1 Annual Protection
•Pennzoil Platinum
•Rotella Gas & Truck
•Quaker State

Attachments

• E10FCA10-6289-4D87-89D0-60A2650F2E89.jpeg
    E10FCA10-6289-4D87-89D0-60A2650F2E89.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 688
  • D9BAFF4C-0F50-43D9-B958-6D521FCA5271.jpeg
    D9BAFF4C-0F50-43D9-B958-6D521FCA5271.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
Nice and clean. Did you adjust the valves while you were in there?

I would suppose they would need minimal adjusting with the frequent, quality oil changes. (y)

I would suppose they would need minimal adjusting with the frequent, quality oil changes. (y)

Don't think the oil has a lot to do with those motors and the valves. Most of the time you will find the intakes in spec and the exhausts tight from a little bit of recession in the head, not from wear due to oil.

Nice and clean. Did you adjust the valves while you were in there?

Yes, absolutely adjusted the valves but it only took 30 min, since they were in really good shape.

O

Thank you. No oil consumption whatsoever. I was disappointed the valve cover gaskets leaked at 90K miles but they are also 8 years old, it happens.

It is a great car and I’m confident I’ll get another hassle free 100K miles out of it.
You'll probably start seeing oil pump leaks sometime in the near future. If you're planning on keeping it long-term, just budget a little more when you do the timing belt and have all those seals replaced. It won't hurt anything to let it leak, but it is annoying and makes a giant mess.

-Edit-

So I can't read today.

Do your oil pump seals at the 200k mark...lol

Thank you and will do. Leaks kinda drive me nuts, I’ll be sure to fix it when it starts to leak, Thank you for the heads up.

Back