2013 Accord K24W1 DI - TGMO 0W20 SN - 10064 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another UOA from my Accord 4cyl, OLM just clicked to 5% when I dumped the oil. LM MoS2 was used just like the last sample. I'm officially in the 10K UOA club
grin.gif

Accord13G35910.jpg

thanks guys, Honda really got this DI thing all figured out (I think).

Caterham, it's TGMO all the way, and the oil is probably down 0.1 to 0.2 of a qt. I always fill the oil to the upper dot on my Honda dipstick, and usually check again after 7500~8000mi. The oil level has been just a tick shy of the upper dot so I don't bother to add more oil since I want an "unadulterated" UOA result. I think MoS2 is really helping the oil burning issue, my M3 does not burn oil either with MoS2.

I also want to add my driving consists roughly 60% hwy 40% city, ECON button on at all time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dkryan
What is "LM MoS2?"

Same question here. R u sure you are adding solid particles (black) of MoS2 to your oil? Moly in motor oil needs to be in organic compound.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
What is "LM MoS2?"

Its a product from lubromoly, a german company. Is powdered mos2 in a colloidal suspension. Sold by napa

Last edited:
This might be the best overall report I've seen on TGMO over a 35,000 mile period. Sense that the Lubro Moly LM-2009 (molybdenum) played a positive role in the last 3 oil analyzis'.

wicked report! I bet 15000 wood be possible. 1ppm iron per 1000 miles is crazy. I wonder what it would look like without the moly. touch of fuel which didn't harm a thing.

Nice report and comments from others.

Last year, I posted a 10,000 OCI report using Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 (50,000 miles on car):
my 2013 Accord U of A

Our wear numbers and fuel dilution are almost identical! My TBN is a bit higher but maybe because I had a .5qt addition along the way?

Also, my car is a 6MT, so turning a few more RPM's than yours at highway speeds. Doesn't seem to impact wear numbers.

Looks like these engines like both TGMO and M1. BTW, am using the Filtech/Honda filter and change at every OCI.

Last edited:
You'll want to add around 200ml, and just fill the oil to the upper "dot" on your dipstick.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
How much MoS2 did you add?

Good report. Looks like even the hybrid Honda DI still has some fuel dilution issues but as always, it isn't going to hurt anything. Interesting to see it looks like most other DI UOAs.

Could you explain how Honda DI is a hybrid? - Not arguing, just interested to learn all I can about it.

Originally Posted By: oily boyd
Could you explain how Honda DI is a hybrid? - Not arguing, just interested to learn all I can about it.

Last I knew it was going to have both DI injectors and port injectors.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: oily boyd

Last I knew it was going to have both DI injectors and port injectors.

No port injection on Our Accords.

You might be thinking of Toyota/Lexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back