2013 6.7 F350 LE 5w40 9500mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA for this oil had 1.5% fuel dilution so I emailed Polaris and asked them if that skews these results. I will post when they answer. FWIW I am going to move to Delo or Rotella when my LE runs out.

F350E1-E-A-312935-Sev3-001.jpg

I'll be honest; I don't see why this is so "cautionary" in their ranking. Other than the fuel, which is not desireable being that high, nothing out really stands out. Fuel thinned the vis, but the wear really isn't bad overall.

The main reason I see in using a much less expensive fluid would be if the fuel stays that high, you might as well use a cheap dino oil and OCI with the IOLM.

This engine is newer so I don't have a lot of data on it yet. Overall the Fe wear rate is not bad; you doubled your previous two OCIs and got more Fe - that's expected. The other metals are nice and low.

Does this unit idle a lot or get used as a commuting daily driver? That would explain some of the fuel and potential of regen events.

Yeah it seems to me that Polaris has a bit of "the sky is falling" in their notes. The iron to me seemed totally fine considering that the engine is less than 6 months old LOL

For reasons you stated I am going to move back to dino. I foolishly purchased this oil with the expectation of doing longer drains. I should have done my UOA first but cest la vie.

The truck is my DD and my 5th wheel tow vehicle, not much idling. It gets a good mix of driving and I have put over 18k on the odometer in less than 6 months. I do notice with certain fill ups I get the regen events more. Sometimes I can go ~500 miles without a regen, currently I am getting about 100. BP fuel from a brand new station, worst I have seen yet.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Do you idle much?

No, hardly at all. Fuel has to be from regens

Volk06
No silver in this uoa, silver was in the first one with the MC oil. I think it was just a break in reading

Last edited:
OK Polaris just replied to my question regarding the fuel dilution in the VOA. They said it was due to "aromatics and lights" and has no bearing on the fuel dilution numbers in the UOA. They even re-ran the test on the current oil and came up with the same number.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I switch brands of oil.

Did you ever ask LE why the VOA had such high aromatic content. That would be very helpful information.

Other than fuel%, this oil seems to work very well with your new engine.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Did you ever ask LE why the VOA had such high aromatic content. That would be very helpful information.

I have an email into LE now, but I feel they are going to say the same thing. To bad about this oil, I think I could have gone 15k+ if it was not for the dilution issue. Oh well. . .

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Originally Posted By: INDYMAC

I have an email into LE now, but I feel they are going to say the same thing. To bad about this oil, I think I could have gone 15k+ if it was not for the dilution issue. Oh well. . .

What did LE say about high aromatics in VOA?

You know I don't think they replied and I forgot about it. Weird they usually always reply, but my guess is the salesman did not know the answer.

Hi folks, as a previous user of LE products I would suggest to give it a second try.My engine was a 7.3 psd which is completely diferent but my uoa was fantastic.I dont know if many people know about this company, which is on the top as r&d developers, the two global players are lubrication engineers from USA and kluber which is european. My flavor of choice back then was monolec 8800 engine oil combined with all trans 1150, after more than 200 drag strip passes,300,000 miles on original transmission, injectors and engine tuned to 325hp @ wheels and still going its hard to beat data without being to sientific.my other van was a 5.8 gasser with 375,000 and still rinning, so my advice would be give it a second chance, get in touch with them and report back so others know what to expect, still think you won't be disappointed, best regards Roderick from Puerto Rico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back