2012 Ram 1500 4.7 wrong oil

I bought a used 2012 Ram 1500 4.7 and brought it in to the dealership for the included free oil change.
After looking at the invoice I realized they used bulk 5w30 instead of the recommended 5w20. Anything to worry about? Would this at all affect the powertrain warranty?
Normally I'd do this myself but took advantage of the free service.

You might lose half an mpg running 5W30 in place of 5W20, that's the worst that could happen.

I bought a used 2012 Ram 1500 4.7 and brought it in to the dealership for the included free oil change.
After looking at the invoice I realized they used bulk 5w30 instead of the recommended 5w20. Anything to worry about? Would this at all affect the powertrain warranty?
Normally I'd do this myself but took advantage of the free service.

I say, you got the right oil.

I'd hope changing the oil on time is more important than what viscosity I use.
Just don't want to void my warranty on something stupid like this.

I’m assuming that this is one of those dealer warranties? They’re usually void if you do your own oil changes... I wouldn’t worry about it but I would keep the paperwork just in case.

Originally the 4.7 was specked to 5w30. Then it was changed to 5w20 for the whole line of 4.7s reguardless of age. Its funny the dealer put 5w30 in. Maybe they know something the factory techs don't.

I bought a new 2010. After a decade it's still going strong and has 200,000+ mi with 6,000 mi changes of Pennzoil 5W-30.

Disclaimer: It was adopted be a friend.

Well you should not have posted this.
The Federal government oil police will now impound your truck.
Further more you will get a life time ban from BITOG.
And the dealer ship will be leveled and a Jiffy Lube built so this felony does not happen again.

Originally the 4.7 was specked to 5w30. Then it was changed to 5w20 for the whole line of 4.7s reguardless of age. Its funny the dealer put 5w30 in. Maybe they know something the factory techs don't.
Yes...they know that the guy grabbed the 5W-30 nozzle.

Back