2012 K24 Accord - Original Denso Plugs (145k mi, No Problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've attached pictures of the original plugs which I exchanged for new Denso replacements on Sunday - no trouble getting them out, it only took me 25min to change them all
smile.gif
I'm embarrassed I let them go this long, but time got away from me...and I'm rather impressed for 145,500mi!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-JB

Nice! Although not the same engine, I changed the original NGK's in my Accord @165k miles and they looked great as well.

modern spark plugs function a long time BUT not optimally! changed VW OE plugs at 50 thou on girlfriends traded 08 jetta + gained 2 mpgs! the purpose of exotic metal plugs is long life NOT best performance IMO!!

Originally Posted by benjy
modern spark plugs function a long time BUT not optimally! changed VW OE plugs at 50 thou on girlfriends traded 08 jetta + gained 2 mpgs! the purpose of exotic metal plugs is long life NOT best performance IMO!!

But it's not worse either. Unless you actually enjoy changing spark plugs there's no reason not to use long life ones.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by benjy

But it's not worse either. Unless you actually enjoy changing spark plugs there's no reason not to use long life ones.

VW states plugs should be done every 40K anyways...

I was feeling too lazy to change my plugs at 100k miles of my CSX with K20Z2 engine. I will probably wait for 200k kilometres (125k miles) after seeing this.

Thanks for sharing

...and here I was thinking that I need to get the plugs out of our ~120K '12 ASAP.
Maybe no real urgency to it.
Thanks!

Looks really good man... Iridium plugs are truly something else... Think about how or what our grandfather's would say and think about stuff like this?? Amazing the longevity certain parts have in this current time.

Originally Posted by gregk24
Excellent! How has the car been holding up with 145K? Im only at 58K currently.

The car has been great! I've test-driven a few newer cars over the last few years, but nothing seems to suit me like this one
smile.gif
(and of course I enjoy not having a car payment). Normal wear and tear is evident, it needs new struts and brakes, but mechanically it's needed essentially nothing over the years. I've been meaning to ask you about the VTC actuator, btw, or whether or not you've had any issue with the newer unit. Mine (original) makes noise in the winter time (not the worst I've heard), but in the summer time I rarely hear it.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks really good man... Iridium plugs are truly something else... Think about how or what our grandfather's would say and think about stuff like this?? Amazing the longevity certain parts have in this current time.

I never expected this kind of result! My uncle is an old-school mechanic, and he was shocked when I told him how many miles were on these
smile.gif

Originally Posted by John_Bravo
Originally Posted by gregk24
Excellent! How has the car been holding up with 145K? Im only at 58K currently.

The car has been great! I've test-driven a few newer cars over the last few years, but nothing seems to suit me like this one
smile.gif
(and of course I enjoy not having a car payment). Normal wear and tear is evident, it needs new struts and brakes, but mechanically it's needed essentially nothing over the years. I've been meaning to ask you about the VTC actuator, btw, or whether or not you've had any issue with the newer unit. Mine (original) makes noise in the winter time (not the worst I've heard), but in the summer time I rarely hear it.

Originally Posted by bbhero

I never expected this kind of result! My uncle is an old-school mechanic, and he was shocked when I told him how many miles were on these
smile.gif

I have had new new updated part in it for 2-3 years now. It still rattles on occasion, but not as frequently as the original part. Without question it is louder in the winder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back