2012 Honda Accord EX-L

Checked my coolant and it's a little low in reserve container, seems clean and green. Was wondering what is the best coolant to add to reserve or should I have a system flush done as this car was bought used. 160K miles. Runs great, never runs hot!

I read not to mix color antifreeze, called local Honda and they said green was correct color.

Thanks!

Err, Honda coolant has been blue for ages now (Type 2), since 2000 or so. Of all the manufacturers, Honda has been just about the longest with sticking with a single coolant.

Been blue, still blue, will probably be blue for a long time.

That being said, there's plenty of it in the aftermarket now. I've used the 'OEM' Reochem in my Honda and Zerex Blue Asian in my Acura. Both of them still working great.

Checked my coolant and it's a little low in reserve container, seems clean and green. Was wondering what is the best coolant to add to reserve or should I have a system flush done as this car was bought used. 160K miles. Runs great, never runs hot!

I read not to mix color antifreeze, called local Honda and they said green was correct color.

Thanks!
I use Honda type 2 coolant in my 2014 Crv. It's blue :D
You also better to change it, it might not overheat but is acidic for sure.
This one is also said to be compatible

PEAK OET Extended Life Blue 50/50 Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant for Asian Vehicles, 1 Gal.​

I bought a used Civic with green coolant in it. I dumped it out and refilled with Honda coolant. Whenever I see the green stuff in a Honda I assume it was serviced by a shop or someone who didn't care about doing things right.

Top it off with distilled water until you can do a proper drain & fill with genuine Honda blue coolant or a good equivalent, like Zerex / Valvoline Asian.

Got my wife to look at coolant, she said it's blue (aqua I think), but her eyes are better than mine, so I'm going with Zerex Blue 50/50 # 861398, praying this is right stuff.

Thanks Everyone!

Back