2012 Honda Accord air filter.

What the best air filter for the Accord in my signature? Do you all think Honda OEM is the best or will a Walmart equivalent be just as good? OEMs are fairly expensive. Are they worth the higher price?

Thanks in advance!đź‘Ť

A recent SuperTech AF (made in USA) that I purchased looked better than the equivalent from Purolator & Wix (both made in Mexico). If its the made in USA version and it looks well made, I would have no issue using it.

What's a Walmart equivalent, their Supertech filters or just filters sold at Walmart ? Like drtyler mentioned, I put either a ST cabin or engine air filter in our daughter's '12 Civic and it was made in the US and looked/felt like good quality.

Otherwise, WM sells Fram air filters which are generally considered good quality.

What's a Walmart equivalent, their Supertech filters or just filters sold at Walmart ? Like drtyler mentioned, I put either a ST cabin or engine air filter in our daughter's '12 Civic and it was made in the US and looked/felt like good quality.

Otherwise, WM sells Fram air filters which are generally considered good quality.
By Walmart equivalent, yeah, I just meant an aftermarket non Honda dealership OEM.

By Walmart equivalent, yeah, I just meant an aftermarket non Honda dealership OEM.
I'd have no hesitation using a Fram from Walmart (best price for Fram generally). I've also used WIX from O'Reilly as well as Denso (for my G35) that I bought from Amazon. They've all been good/high quality. The Denso filters were the least expensive by far too.

Don't be afraid to look at the Supertech filters. I don't remember if they seal their boxes shut or not but if not, you can take one out and look at it.

I have been happy with the Supertech AF and CAF that I put in my '12.
They looked every bit as good as the Purolators that came out,
For the price, they are hard to beat.

For the engine air filter I only use OEM. Only a few bucks more in my case. For cabin air filter I use whatever is cheapest.

I've noticed the Honda engine filters are oiled while most aftermarket are not.

What the best air filter for the Accord in my signature? Do you all think Honda OEM is the best or will a Walmart equivalent be just as good? OEMs are fairly expensive. Are they worth the higher price?

Thanks in advance!đź‘Ť
Honda oem for me. Go to Walmart online to get a good price and maybe free shipping to your home. .02

Thank you all for the recommendations. Honda dealership is out of stock on the air filters for my car. They're on backorder. I'll do as some suggested and look online and price compare.

The Nissan OEMs for my 300ZX (That car takes two filters. It has two throttle bodies) are oiled like the one poster said his Honda OEM one is.

Noticed the engine air filter for the FIT is coated with oil , like that of K & N . Could see oil inside the clear plastic package for the filter .

I took it out the night I began this thread and it literally looks brand new. The media is white, and it says "Denso" and "Honda" on it. The inside of the air box was spotless too.

I used Wix a few years ago and they performed well. However I have been using ACDelco (Amazon) for a few years and they have always been excellent; the media is uniform, they seal well, and usually a few $ less than Wix or Fram.

In my 2007 honda accord with the 2.4 and 386000 miles on it before I traded it in a few months ago I would either use a Fram or a Wal Mart air filter and changed it every 30000 miles...never had any issues..

Back