2012 Ford Fusion Sport Motorcraft ATF 32,150 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first ATF service done in August on the factory fill, here are the results. The Car is a 2012 Ford Fusion Sport AWD, this car uses an Aisin transmission in case anyone wants to know. They spec some funny kind of ATF from what I understand so I let the dealer do their thing. On a side note, if you ever get this kinda thing done at a shop be sure to specify if they're doing a drain and fill or a complete fluid swap. They simply did a drain and fill on mine, had i known that's what they were going to do I would have done it myself. This is my first transmission related report, let me know what you think.

Code:

Silicon was a little high in this sample, but that's probably from sealers and isn't likely anything to get too

excited about. Metals are pretty good compared to averages, which are based on about 30,000 miles on the oil.

Aluminum is a few ppm higher than average, but it's not so far out of line that we think it's anything to worry about at

this point. It may drop with future samples, if some of this is wear-in. No coolant, moisture, or insolubles were found

and the TAN was fine at 1.4. A fine sample, from what we see here. Try up to 50,000 miles (or so) next oil.

OIL Amsoil Signature Series 5W20

MILES IN USE 32,150

MILES 32,150

SAMPLE TAKEN 08/06/13

ALUMINUM 20

CHROMIUM 1

IRON 69

COPPER 91

LEAD 1

TIN 2

MOLYBDENUM 0

NICKEL 3

MANGANESE 2

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 5

BORON 33

SILICON 43

SODIUM 7

CALCIUM 128

MAGNESIUM 1

PHOSPHORUS 271

ZINC 12

BARIUM 7

SUS VIS 210ºF 43.8

cSt @ 100ºC 5.34

FLASHPOINT ºF 390

FUEL% -

INSOLUBLES 0.0

WATER 0.0

TBN -

TAN 1.4

whatever it was it was too much for what they did, i think it was around $100 bucks including the cost of the fluid and labor. They also agreed to save a sample without giving me grief so that was good. If you have a car with a drain plug like mine, its probably no more difficult than changing engine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back