2012 Ford Escape RP 5w20 5k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA on my wifes Escape. About 34k miles on the motor. 6 quarts RP 5w20 with a Pureone filter. OCI was ~5k miles. How does it look to you guys? Im still learning to decipher UOA results.

Last edited:
As far as your "wear numbers" everything looks great. No fuel or water so thats good as well, as well as low insolubles. I like an oil with more moly, and more zinc...I know this is for the most part irrelevant as this, and other oils protect the engine very well, but regardless I like to have more of those additives in the oils I choose.

Looks great, but did you drain it or just sample? You could probably double that oci if you wanted.

Don't get me wrong...I'm a recovering obsessive oil changer
smile.gif

Really though, nice viscosity and a high TBN remaining so lot's of life left if you want to extend.

The uoa is indicating your wear is better than average and you have plenty of active additives left to go even further. Blackstone recommended 7,000 miles which is conservative. I would try 8k and re sample.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I have considered adding some of that MOS2 to the crankcase. I have heard good things.

No need, just find an oil with a decent amount of moly...that way the add pack will remain the way the oil engineers intended.

I drained it. I am now sure this oil could go way past 5k, I just have to find a filter the vehicle likes that can last that long. I dont know who is more picky about filters, me or the vehicle.
wink.gif

Last edited:
You

Just about any filter can do 10k, but if I was planning on 10K, it would be a Wix, Napa Gold, Fram Ultra, or any of the multitude of mid price filters with a good rep.

BTW the UOA looks great.

Im not sure I would trust a Motorcraft to go past 5k. I will have to do some research and find some people who have pictures of Motorcarft filters post 5-7k mile runs.

Is that a factory Motocraft or one from walmart? I remember reading somewhere that there was a difference between the two?

I get most of my FL-400S filters from O'Reilly with the $5off$5 coupons. Some from AutoZone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back