2012 Buick Regal GS | Pennzoil Plat 5w-30 | 7,182mi, 15 months

Vehicle: 2012 Buick Regal GS
Engine: EcoTec LHU DI 2.0T I4
Oil: Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5w-30
Miles on Oil: 7,182
Time on Oil: 15 Months
Miles on Engine: 57,082

[Linked Image]

Surprised that this is not dexos1 Gen 2 oil (judging by the calcium level) given that the OPer must have poured it in or after late 2018...that standard went live in September of 2017 and the major brands had d1G2 jugs out on the shelves pretty soon after that.
I think this looks like a decent report all around and it is interesting that the Fe level did not go up all that much compared to the previous report despite the oil being run nearly twice as long.

I'll bet this is a fun car to drive!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Surprised that this is not dexos1 Gen 2 oil (judging by the calcium level) given that the OPer must have poured it in or after late 2018...that standard went live in September of 2017 and the major brands had d1G2 jugs out on the shelves pretty soon after that.
Yeah, I tend to stock up on oil whenever there's a sale that's too hot to resist so I'm pretty sure that was the old formula.
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Is that a 2.0l 4 cylinder in a Regal ? Or am I reading that wrong ?
Yeah, 2.0 Liter 4 Cyl Turbo

Impressive , wonder if the Platinum ( Dexos 1, Gen 2 ) that followed would hold up as well ? GOOGLED Pennzoil Platinum Dexos1 Gen2 and the Platinum GF-6A , SP ( Dexos1 , Gen 2 ) showed up at AMAZON .

Originally Posted by Ram02
Originally Posted by rob1715
PP is good stuff.

But Valvoline is better ðŸ™

Not!!!
crackmeup2.gif

IMG_0094.JPG

Originally Posted by Malo83
Originally Posted by Ram02
Originally Posted by rob1715
PP is good stuff.

But Valvoline is better ðŸ™

Not!!!
crackmeup2.gif

And PP is certainly no better than Valvoline!!

Back