2012-15 Civic bluetooth

When turning OFF the Bluetooth connectivity on my cell phone(to save my phone battery), I have to reconnect each time I get into the 2015 Civic LX in my sig. In other words, I have to go into the vehicle menu to select my particular phone to reconnect?..even when turning back on my phone Bluetooth.

This Civic only has the basic radio, not the EX's and above infotainment system. It's not a difficult task, just 3 quick steps but, unless I keep Bluetooth ON in my phone, I have to do this each time.

This is my daughter's car( NAVY deployed-off grid) and I can't ask her if this does it with her phone.
Anyone with this particular car & radio? Do you have to do the same issue?

Thanks,
CB

UPDATE
Seems that I'm not the only one according to the Internet. Numerous fixes depending in the specific issue but I am not going to try any of them as I only have the car for a few months while my daughter is deployed, she hasn't complained once with her phone and it's a quick 3 button process(or don't turn off my phones Bluetooth) and I don't use it often enough.

Fixes or things that may work include...
*Uninstall/reinstall the phone to the car
*Reboot the cars system
*Phone incompatibility
And more.

Last edited:
Does it have an Aux port? If so you could get a bluetooth receiver adapter. What I like about mine is when you plug in the adapter the head unit automatically switches to Aux and hooks up to the phone. If you leave it plugged in then you would need to turn on the adapter.

Back