2011 xc60

I may take a look at a 2011 xc60, 3.2 today...within an hour.

111k, 1 owner

Avoid or relatively solid vehicle? How do similar parts price out, compared to Japanese or Domestic?

TY

111k, 1 owner

Avoid or relatively solid vehicle? How do similar parts price out, compared to Japanese or Domestic?

TY
Let's see, an old 'premium brand' European car, with inherently expensive repair/replacement costs, built in Western Europe, right on the front lines of the biggest WAR since WW2, which will likely escalate/expand across Europe, making said parts impossible to obtain.

111k, 1 owner

TY
Solid SUVs. Parts are about the same.

I'd caution against only if you have kids in car seats. The rear doors are narrow/awkwardly shaped and it was hard to load the kiddos in the back.

The inline 6, 3.2 is a stout and reliable engine.
Especially when they are maintained (flame trap replaced regularly etc.).

Aside from that, everything else is your typical Euro SUV experience.
Not particularly fun/exciting to drive, but great when going on road trips/hauling kids and groceries etc.

It actually sold about an hour before I got there....

I'll tell you - SUVs, at least the small/midsize, are selling as fast as they hit the lots. And if we are slowing down, I'd like to see what a dealership looked like, pre-pandemic. Last 2 trips, the lobby was full of buyers.

The one extra caviar if you looking at P-2 and P-3 models the climate control cooling fan get very noise w/ time.
To replace this fan, you almost need to dismantle the entire dash. Very, very crazy when on my P80 is a cup of coffee:D

The one extra caviar if you looking at P-2 and P-3 models the climate control cooling fan get very noise w/ time.
To replace this fan, you almost need to dismantle the entire dash. Very, very crazy when on my P80 is a cup of coffee:D
Lol, sound like the procedure for the old 140-240 series.

Here is something that I found very interesting and another area to consider when buying a VOLVO. INSURANCE COST !

Now this may only be slightly higher than other vehicles but, according to a local insurance agent I spoke with, Swedish vehicles are more costly due to so many(even if not all) parts coming from Sweden ONLY. Although this agent said, "EVERYTHING" comes from Sweden. And I'm sure there is more to it than that. :rolleyes:

When I was at a local AARP Driver Safety Course, on our 2nd day, this particular agent from a local Liberty Mutual office came to our meeting and had a Q&A session and the end of the course.

I asked:
1) "If it is ONLY insurance premiums that we Senior's are concerned about(not vehicle reliability/reputation), what vehicles should we be buying"?
And the Liberty Mutual team member response was to buy domestic vehicles mainly from GM and namely Chevrolet...but other domestic vehicles also.

2) I then asked:
"Then what vehicles should we be staying away from"?
And the response was Swedish and Korean vehicles.

Now, this agent didn't say that the difference in premium cost was HUGE, only that they're higher.

Last edited:
^^^Same here. Although I do think that there are many variables as to why?
Many of my newer vehicles have been le$$ expensive to insure than some of my older vehicles. I credit the extra $weet of $afety features as just part of that lower co$t. I also credit changing insurance companies as another part and also for example, moving to another state can also lower insurance on the same vehicle/same ins co/same policy.

And too, I don't think that every VOLVO is the most expensive to insure, I just think it is...STATISTICALLY speaking in the grand scheme of things as the insurance agent was mentioning at our driver safety course/meeting.

Years ago, when my (RIP) FIL (my wife's real dad) moved from NY to FL with the same vehicle & same insurance company & policy, his insurance rates went up(IDK how much).

Then he bought a 2018 HYUNDAI SantaFe and it went up more. And then when he turned 90, the premium went up even more. Affordable but higher still.

My Step-FIL here in NY(married to my MIL 50 yrs now) asked why his own insurance on 2018 Equinox was so much cheaper than my Florida FIL 2018 Hyundai SantaFe?

I told my New York Step-FIL that my Florida FIL(RIP) is over 90 yrs old, lives in FL and drive a Hyundai and you drive a Chevy and the SantaFe is the next size up in vehicle compared to the Equinox. These are just some of the differences! :geek:

Last edited:
Honda products are too high maintenance for me, both from a scheduled and wear/tear standpoint. Much prefer a Toyota product, but to each their own.
That's really odd considering the 2021 Highlander requires new plugs at 60k as per the manual, Honda Pilot requires them at 105k. The Highlander requires a new brake booster at 120k miles as per the manual, Honda Pilot needs it when it breaks. I guess my experience is much different than yours. My experience is Toyota is very maintenance heavy when compared to Honda. I do like the Highlander better than the current gen Pilot though.

Back