2011 World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Game 6. Maybe the best World Series game ever. Can't wait for tonights game. Wonder if it will be a slugfest or a pitcher'a duel.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
& his game 6 walk-off homer 20 years ago!

except I don't think they called them walk-off's back then. I despise that term. Isn't every home run a walk off? You'd think so if you watch sportscenter or baseball tonite...

lol.gif
I agree! Don't like it either, unfortunately has been the recent, "accepted" term.
frown.gif

Game 7. If you're a fan it's been a good series. Culminating in one final game.
I watch it over the air in HD. It's a great picture. Better than my satellite.

I live 20 miles from the stadium and we are all Cardinals fans here, and that game may have been the most exciting sporting event I have ever seen. My daughter and husband were 5 rows behind home plate and said some actually left the game after the 7th.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
& his game 6 walk-off homer 20 years ago!

except I don't think they called them walk-off's back then. I despise that term. Isn't every home run a walk off? You'd think so if you watch sportscenter or baseball tonite...

Except EVERYBODY walks off when it's hit at the bottom of the last inning. Hence the term walk-off home run.

If you hit a home run at the top of any inning, it's not a walk off. If you hit a home run at the bottom of any inning prior to the 9th, it's not a walk-off. If you hit a home run in the bottom of the last inning, but don't go ahead of the other team, it's not a walk off.

Walk off means you send everybody home. That only happens when you take the lead in the bottom of the last inning.

I went to bed at the end of the 6th. Look what I missed.
lol.gif

I got to see all the "Charlie Brown" fielding but then things really heated up...

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Maybe the best World Series game ever.

Sorry, no game with what 5 errors can be considered a great game imo. Fun to watch maybe, but a poorly played game is a poorly played game.

I was pulling for the Rangers to get their first Series Title, but after last nights game, I'm pulling for the Cards to add to their illustrious baseball history.

I didn't expect the Rangers to lose that bad. Chevrolet just gave David Freese a new Corvette for MVP! Some guys get everything lol.

Good thing I went to my first Cardinals game for my birthday back in July! I saw Albert Pujols 2000th hit. what a sweet world series victory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back