2011 World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the coverage is laid back since the yankees or bosox aren't in it?

The coverage is horrible. I have to mute the TV. Tim keeps repeating what Joe says. Well, there was once exception when Tim claimed that S-T-R-I-K-E was 5 letters. Hey Tim, here's a word for you that is 5 letters: I-D-I-O-T.

BTW, go Rangers.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I can't stomach Joe Buck and McCarver is too old and becoming a bit senile.

Neither of them can pronounce Pujols. I know it's close butt....

Originally Posted By: Pablo

crackmeup2.gif

Why are the Rangers still pitching to Albert Pujols?

Dude is KILLING the ball tonight!

If it weren't for that fiasco the other night,the Cards should be looking for the sweep.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

You got that right.

They played the Imperial March in Arlington when the Cards took the field. Cute but juvenile. If they make it back to St Louis for games 6 and 7, I think we should play Yakety Sax when that Rangers come up to bat.

Is it just comcast in my area, or is FOX's HD terrible? Anytime I watch a game on TBS, TNT, ESPN the HD is so much better.

Another Cards fan here. Became hooked watching Whitey ball as a kid. This Cards team looks awesome specially down in Arlington when they can DH Craig. That's four guys with 900 plus OPS. That is almost impossible to deal with if you are a pitcher.

Originally Posted By: sxg6
Is it just comcast in my area, or is FOX's HD terrible? Anytime I watch a game on TBS, TNT, ESPN the HD is so much better.

Looks good off the air here. My affiliate has only one main channel so they aren't over-compressing the signal. Fox is 720p and so are most of the affiliates. Try an antenna?

I tune in to see whether Joe or Tim are wearing a pink or purple shirt or tie. As a rule, one will show up. Also to see what sort of bow tie that Rosenthal dweeb who's just a little to eager to please will be wearing.

Coverage seems fair since there's not a Yankees/Redsox involvement.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Pujols next at bat should be a fastball in the back.
cool.gif

That wouldn't be a bad strategy . I'm a Cards fan but if I'm the rangers manager and wanted to change the momentum, plunking Pujols might cause a brawl and shake things up. Cards hitters are really digging in right now.

cool.gif

Why?

Is it because the Rangers are too friggin' stupid to pitch around him?

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
cool.gif

Why?

35.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
cool.gif

Why?

Looked like Holland didn't need to pitch around anyone. Dude was dominating over an awesome hitting line up.

My hats off to Holland. When he was throwing those rainbow curves for strikes, it was going to be a long night gor the cards.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Anyone else notice the coverage is laid back since the yankees or bosox aren't in it?

That's the best part, an all-Central Time Zone series! They must be in Panic Mode on ESPN with no Red Sox in the post-season.

Now, that was an exciting ending to Game 6!

Similar to the (hometeam's) Minnesota Twins Kirby Puckett & his game 6 walk-off homer 20 years ago!

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
& his game 6 walk-off homer 20 years ago!

except I don't think they called them walk-off's back then. I despise that term. Isn't every home run a walk off? You'd think so if you watch sportscenter or baseball tonite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back