2011 Toyota avalon atf or power steering fluid

Hello all,
Trying to find a definitive answer as to whether my avalon mentioned in the thread title takes atf or power steering fluid? I can't seem to find it in the owners manual and the cap says power steering fluid but in smaller print it states to use the fluid specified by Toyota. The original fluid was brown but it seemed to have a slight reddish tint. I've done 4 fluid reservoir exchanges using my hand operated mity vac. I put Valvoline maxlife atf in as the fluid since it appears almost all Toyotas use atf. The steering seems to be working fine but I'm just trying to see what any other avalon owners or anyone with experience with them has uses. Any help will be appreciated.

If your seeing Red then I'm sure theres ATF in there because PSF is clear.
Hard to tell for sure if it had a little red to it because it was so dark but it appeared to have a hair when I emptied it into an old water bottle.

Thanks everyone. I'll just stick with the maxlife based on what I've read here. Maybe a little ocd but I've done 4 reservoir fluid exchanges and will probably continue to do one every oil change or two just to keep clean fluid In there.

Back