2011 Shelby GT500 - Headroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am potentially looking at a 2011 Shelby GT500 Coupe. The car is not local so I can't go sit in it.

My question is to 2011 GT500 Coupe owners; how is the headroom (driver seat, I am not concerned about the rear seats), I am 6'4"?

The brochure indicates Headroom: 38.5" but exactly how is that measured... is that the distance from the seat bottom to the headliner I am guessing... therefore I need my torso + head to essentially be less than that number?

I used to own a 2004 Grand Prix, that headroom spec was 38.8" and I had decent headroom in the GP, if the manufactures measure apples to apples on this then I will be ok... but nothing beats a real life answer.

Thanks,

Marc

Last edited:
I'm 6'7" and have test driven a newer model Mustang and it was fine; however, I would not get one with the sunroof if you are tall. The one I test drove did not have a sunroof.

Agree with going to sit in one of similar vintage and eliminating sunroof; how much headroom is enough is a personal choice.

I'm also 6'4", with a tall seating height and am picky about headroom. I don't recline much when driving so haven't had enough headroom in a Mustang for years.

Last edited:
I'm 6'3" and I fit fine.

I actually have two clients with GT500s.

top of the door/bottom of the windows are a little high. No problem if you've ever driven a 240/260/280Z. It's not as gun-slit small windowed as the Camaro. I wondered how smaller people see out of it when I sat in it. But I fit in it just fine.

Then again I fit just fine in my Integra too. Had to have a little bit of a "gangsta lean" on the seatback but it didn't bother me.

The only car that really bothered me was my wife's 2001 Eclipse GT. Knees up on the dash, head on the headliner or recline and steering wheel is too far away. Column didn't tilt enough either.

You'd see the Integra and Eclipse parked side by side and think that the Eclipse would be roomier inside. After all it's a bigger car. Nope. 'teg was roomier inside

Get a convertible....
13.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
One of the things I always see is the GT500's are LOADED with options, not sure I've ever seen one without a sun roof!

No sunroof/moonroof has been available as a factory option on a mustang since the 93 fox body.

Originally Posted By: rat
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
One of the things I always see is the GT500's are LOADED with options, not sure I've ever seen one without a sun roof!

No sunroof/moonroof has been available as a factory option on a mustang since the 93 fox body.

I guess it depends what you call a sunroof. This fits my definition, may not do it for you...

http://www.motortrend.com/photo_gallery/...y/photo_05.html

Thanks all for the responses. It is not equipped with a sunroof and that is intentional in my search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back