2011 Saab Acceleration and Instrument Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fist time I've seen anything to do with new Saabs. Is this the GM 2.0L that was in the solstice and Colbalt SS? Anyway, I like the cluster, it's innovative, but the right hand section is a bit confusing to look at. They are trying to make it look jet-like with the speedo in the center.

Oh, that's kind of cool, in an aviation type of way. We use "tapes" like that to display airspeed and altitude.

Studies have found that the tapes provide a better understanding of a trend with a quick glance.

What I do like is Saab's Head-Up Display...

9-5_head_up_display_scr.jpg

yes they do still have night mode. Nice feature, only lights the speedo and select buttons, then lights up whatever system you touch; radio, etc. Nice feature. the 9-3x is a nice, nimble sedan. surprisingly taught ride and handling for a decent sized car.

Quote:
Is this the GM 2.0L that was in the solstice and Colbalt SS?

No, the Saab 2.0L in the 9-3 is a 210 HP unit that is not direct injected.

The 220 HP 2.0L turbo that's used in the 9-5 is the same engine in the Regal though. This is much closer to the 260 HP LNF used in the Cobalt SS and Solstice/Sky turbo.

Quote:
What I do like is Saab's Head-Up Display...

This is the corporate GM HUD. You can find it in the Corvette, Camaro, Lacrosse, Acadia... pretty much any GM vehicle that has a HUD available. Navigation route tracking is done through OnStar. The traffic sign recognition isn't available in the US.

It is a very cool car, But at $50k+ for a decked out Aero version it is a bit pricey.

Looks good tho, IMHO.

0001010101010004.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
It is a very cool car, But at $50k+ for a decked out Aero version it is a bit pricey.

Looks good tho, IMHO.

0001010101010004.jpg

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back