Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

2 months agoo wife run over an animal ... racoon
frown.gif
poor guy.

Not much damage to the car thank God
he dented in the transmission cooler

replaced the AT/cooler with new Porsche part.

There was about 1/2 to 1quart of ATF in the cooler, so i lost that much.
Transmission is running fine even when cold.

There is no dipstick, there is special hole at the bottom to fill it.

Went to Porsche got 1liter 62$ rip off ( Its VW part next time I will go to VW and save money )

but this ATF is Made in Canada

Transmission is 8 speed AISIN is it ok to top it up with this new ATF I'm sure that this is different then factory fill, Should I be concerned.

Thank you

The owners manual should indicate what trans fluid should be used. Make sure what's in that bottle you have is the same spec. Beings as you bought it at a Porsche dealer, it should be fine. Unless the parts person sold you the wrong fluid....

its right fluid no doubt but still not the factory fill.
Maybe i should just not top it up and just do a full flush when I hit 60k?

I assume that the amount that im short will not cause issue ... still plenty left in there
wink.gif

Manual says life time fill no spec.

Last edited:
I'd add it. Then change out at 60k as planned. I'm assuming she won't hit 60k for a while.

yeah 60k is long away ..

I guess after all it has to be compatible.. I will rent a lift and get it added probably after new year.

I'm not sure I would make that assumption if I had that car.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
I assume that the amount that im short will not cause issue ... still plenty left in there
wink.gif

I'm just looking at this from practical side lets say 1 quart over pan size is very little ...?

either way its been cold below 0C here no issues shifting so its not causing any issues.

I would probably add the missing quart now. That's just me. If the quart of fluid is that expensive how are you going to afford the full flush? I imagine your going to use Amsoil as its probably cheaper.

I will buy it directly from VW bet at least 50% cheaper.
Amsoil does not make compatible ATF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back