2011 G37X

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started this thread: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5240805#Post5240805

Now looking at a 2011 and it has nearly 144K miles, 1st owner and have dealership maintenance.

Should I stay away and run from it or 2011 is a good one ?

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

Will need more services than your batch of Hondas. Not a reason to pass on it, should be okay for 80-90k more.

It depends if it is highway mileage or not and what maintenance was done at the dealer, but that's quite a lot of miles on a sport sedan. If the followed the severe service schedule and it's not been dogged out or extensively modified or tuned, then it could still be a decent car. However If the owner paid for the minimum dealer service schedule and drove it hard at all then don't walk, run away. The "normal" service schedule has the transmission fluid as lifetime, spoiler it's not but a new 7at wil set you back $6-10k. The power steering fluid changes are also not a listed as a basic service interval item, but the rack and pump sure are expensive and a PIA on these cars, and same goes for the transfer case on the AWD models which is another big ticket job if it fails.

As said before has the oil valley gaskets been done? Has the transmission fluid been changed? And has the valve cover gaskets been done yet?

I have worked on a lot of G37s and those 3.5/3.7 motors. The 3 things above are the biggest issues most of those cars have had. The age of the car you are looking at though means you need to see if it was taken care of and was not beat on. So check out the suspension and overall condition as 144k is still a fair amount of miles so it may need something.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Does it come with a vape pen?

Only if equipped with the seller installed "Stance Life Yo" package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back